F I R S T

-1 MONTH EARLIER-

"RING THE BELLS!" The master yelled with excitement.

"He's back?!" Erza's eyes widened in disbelief.

"Awwe, look at Cana being excited" Juvia teased the brunette from across the guild.

Erza walked slowly upstairs, trying to hide the excitement in her steps. She looked at the streets of Magnolia through the guild windows, seeing the local townsmen all cheer in his return, Gildarts' return.

The Fairy Tail members could've sworn the air feel a lot warmer or maybe it was just a pumped up Natsu, ready to fight Gildarts.

"I'm all fired up" Natsu says his signature line together with his signature pose.

Lucy rolls her eyes, chuckling at the petty pink head.

"Some things never change" Happy said as he looked over Natsu.

"Are you ready for the battle of the century, Happy?" Natsu asked in excitement.

"Aye, sir!" Happy replied although he was fairly sure Gildarts could kill the pinkhead in one punch.

"I can't wait to kick his ass!"

"Whose ass?" Gildarts laughs at Natsu as his tired arms wrap around Cana's shoulders.

At the sight of him, Natsu charges.

Natsu throws a fiery punch but Gildarts had already dodged before Natsu could even throw it.

The master and his blonde grandson chuckle. "He never learns his lesson, doesn't he?" Laxus says.

"You've gotten stronger, Natsu" Gildarts smirked.

Natsu smiled as he threw Gildarts another punch which he obviously dodged again.

"Give up, Natsu" Gray shouts, discouraging Natsu.

"You'll never defeat him, Natsu, not in a million years" Levy said as she ran her glasses through the bridge of her nose.

"Someone stop him before he burns the guild again" Cana warned.

Before Natsu could even blink, Erza had already knocked him out.

"So much for the battle of the century"

The whole guild laughed, lively and whole, just how it has always been.

"We should leave early," Lucy whispered to her friends at the table. "give Cana some quality time with her dad, you know"

●●●

Lucy, Erza, Gray, Levy, Gajeel, Juvia, Freed Lisanna, Evergreen, Mirajane, Laxus and Elfman-the gang, laugh as they walked on the outskirts of Magnolia.

"Can't believe a guy like Gildarts had a soft spot" Gray said, cheeks flushed pink from the bottle of beer the gang had earlier.

"True, even though Cana is his daughter, I didn't expect him to give a fuck. He's had many girls" Loke suddenly appeared and joined the gang for a little juvenile delinquency.

"You're not one to tell" Evergreen teased. Loke shrugged as he rolls his eyes at her.

"Yeah, but all that 'soft spottedness' stopped when Natsu came trying to smack him" Juvia adding in on the conversation.

"I kinda think that if Fairy Tail was a movie, Natsu would be the main character" Lisanna shared.

Laxus laughs and says "Please, before Natsu could even be a movie star he'd need to purchase a brain, and a pinch common sense but all that stupidity forged into one human being does make him Natsu." The group laughed.

"He tried to eat my strawberry cake last week, which he obviously knew was mine by the way" The whole gang laughed once again at the mighty Titania's confession.

Gajeel sighs "Fairy Tail, without Natsu? Unimaginable"

"That's why we love him"

________________________________________________________________________

As promised, an update. This chapter is a glimpse of Fairy Tail a month before chapter 2 so stay tuned for that!