T H I R T E E N T H

How can you live tomorrow if you're stuck on yesterday? Sometimes, there's nothing you can do but let go.

Fairy Tail was back to normal, whatever normal meant.

The guild wasn't so silent anymore, and people were now acknowledging the fact that we did loose members but that shouldn't stop us from continuing our lives.

I was ready to take on a mission now, this time with Mira. Although Mirajane stopped being a mage, she was determined to be one again so this mission was a first in a long time for the both of us.

Our mission was to defeat some mage in the next town who used his powers to oppress other people. 

We were riding the train on the way there. Determined to break the silence, I said "So are you and Laxus a thing?"

Mira's perfectly blue eyes shot wide open as she chewed on her lower lip. Me and Mira have been close lately, so I knew she would trust me with this information.

"I liked him, I mean I still do but I'm scared Lu-chan" Mira confessed.

I kinked a brow. "Why?"

"We both know that Laxus isn't the best person in the world," She chuckled.

"But, he loathed Natsu and maybe he-" Mira started crying.

I instantly sat next to her to comfort her.

"We both know he wouldn't do that, Mira" But the truth was we didn't.

Laxus wasn't kind. He wasn't evil either but he always had this loathing for Natsu in the down low and he did try to overthrow his grandfather in leading the guild and injured some of us in the process. So yes, I think it was possible that Laxus did that to Natsu but I couldn't go blaming him of something I clearly have no proof of.

As soon as I dismissed those thoughts from Mirajane's head she was back to normal.

The mission was easy considering the fact that I was with an S-Class wizard. Since it took less than the time we thought it would, Mira and I went to a cafe in just around the corner.

The Cafe was small and cozy. No one was here. It was perfect. We ordered some iced tea since it was getting a little warmer in the spring.

We talked for a while before we came to talk about two of our guild mates, Gray and Juvia.

"I mean they obviously like each other" Mira said.

"I thought Gray would eventually fall for Juvia"

"Hey, Gray and Erza had a past. I mean Gray did have feelings for Erza when he was younger but Erza was so dense and not to mention in love with Jellal."

"Oh, that's why Cana preferred Gray and Erza together"

"Yeah she read it in her cards when she was younger"

"This is probably the part of the story where Jellal and Juvia end up together" I joked.

Mira shook her head in disapproval.

"Hey, how's Yukino holding up?" Mira asked out of the blue.

"She's been doing okay, she actually wrote to me just yesterday. It's weird don't you think. That somebody murdered Sting? I mean after the continuous deaths of our members, suddenly a Sabertooth member"

"Maybe someone wanted to kill him and took advantage of the murders that happened here so no one would speculate on him or her"

"Or the killer is from Fairy Tail and wants to throw us off track"

"Possibly" Mira admitted.

Me and Mira played detective for a while until we realized it was getting late and that we should get back.

Our day was great overall, until we got back to the guild...

Third Person POV

The two friends arrived back in Magnolia. They took their sweet time walking back to the guild they both loved.

Just when they came inside, there was something going on. Everyone was gathered around something or someone. The celestial spirit and take over mage managed to jostle themselves against the crowd.

Mirajane's heart stopped. 'This had gone far enough' she thought and started crying for the second time today.

Mirajane rushed to his brother, who was laying still on the floor. Lisanna and Evergreen were crying next to him.

"Wake up!" Mira shook his body but to no avail. Mirajane quickly checked his pulse but was left dumbfounded.

"It's no use. H-He's gone" Lisanna said, barely.

Like some sort of reflex, Lucy looked for a particular dragon slayer with a scar shaped liked lightning and blonde hair.

It wasn't a coincidence was it, that Laxus had just come out of his grand father's office looking anything but happy. A mixture of pissed, sad and scared.

Lucy's eyes shot open as she realized Mira could possibly be right. She looked over to her friend and saw that she was already looking at Laxus like she was about to kill him.

It was not long when a light was shining, revealing that Mira had transformed to her devil form.

In a blink of an eye, she was no longer by Elfman's side but was strangling Laxus.

Being the strong person Laxus was, he managed to escape Mira's grip but with the help of magic too.

Everyone was looking silently. What the hell was going on?

"You did it, didn't you?!" Mira's nostrils were flaring, obviously indicating that she was furious.

"Why does everyone think it was me?! Am I that much of a jerk that you think I killed Natsu and now your brother?"

"I just came out of the old man's office, after he blamed me of Natsu's death and possibly the others too. That's my grandpa who blamed me okay? M-mine! He raised me! And now he's doubting if his own grandson killed someone! I didnt!" Laxus said, his voice breaking. He was obviously hurt.

"Yes, I did hate Natsu, but that was because he was a pain in the ass! But I didn't really hate him and I-I can't believe I have to explain myself!" Laxus said, tears clouding his electric green eyes.

It was only a matter of seconds when Freed came rushing in by his best friend's side.

"Gray and Natsu fought all the time! So did Gajeel! Why isn't anyone blaming them?! I know Laxus' track record isn't clean but you didn't have to harass him like this, Mirajane. I thought you knew better" Freed said, eyebrows crossed at Mirajane.

Freed was escorting Laxus somewhere else when he stopped in his tracks.

He looked over his shoulder, "And for the record, if any Strauss deserved to die, it should've been you. Not Elfman"

It was moments like this when Lucy was glad she wasn't vocal about her doubts about Laxus or else she would've been Mira right now who was hurt by what Freed had said, because they were true.