S E C O N D

Time takes what time wants, when it wants, who it wants. Time has always been a bitch. We come into the world, full of hopes and dreams but all of that can end the very second time says so.

Time, we all need it. Time is to be feared, everyone bows down to time. Time gives no exception, we die the very moment time decides to kill you.

Time doesn't have feelings. Ironically time isn't great on timing nor does it want to be. When your time is up, time smiles, it doesn't care if you're having the best day of your life or if you're taking a shit, time rips your soul out of your body and leaves laughing.

"W-What?!" Lucy's eyes widen in shock as she shook her head in denial.

Mirajane bites her lips, wishing it didn't happen too, but it did.

"That's impossible!" Lucy shook her head.

"He's young, he's strong and he is Natsu." Lucy said, hoping Mirajane would smile and say that it was all a joke.

"He didn't come all this way just to-" Lucy couldn't help it anymore, all seemed too real. Tears came rolling down her rosy flushed cheeks.

She knew this was inevitable. Natsu was a great mage, a dragon slayer. Many hated him for being strong and great. Many were jealous of the power he possessed. Natsu wasn't a person of great moral either. This was the price of being a known powerful wizard, death. And pain was the price of loving one.

"Lucy..." Levy and Gajeel suddenly appear by her doorstep. Lucy closes her eyes, hoping that once she opens them it would all go back to normal, but it didn't.

"I'm going to see him" Lucy says, walking to the door.

Levy puts her hands against Lucy's shoulders, stopping her. "There are reporters everywhere, tons of people too. Take a shower and get dressed. The body isn't going anywhere anytime soon"

Lucy wanted to question Levy's logic, the man she loved just died. She doesn't have time for baths and braids. She needs to hurry.

But Natsu was dead, and there was no more point in hurrying. Hurrying was for those who had time, Natsu didn't.

Lucy sighs. Gajeel leaves, deciding he should leave the girls alone. Levy enters Lucy's room together with Mirajane and shuts the door close.

Lucy gives them a sad smile before getting into the shower.

●●●

Mirajane tied Lucy's hair in somewhat like a bun, a neat bun, revealing Lucy's pale neck.

Mira, Levy and Lucy walk to the guild in silence and in grief. It was awkward but it was what they needed.

Lucy opens the gigantic guild doors only to be greeted by the clicking of cameras and the bittersweet aroma of blood.

Her eyes landed on his dead, lifeless body. It made her freeze. She was trying to process all this but the tingling sensation running down her spine wouldn't let her.

Gray was sitting by the bar, a mug of booze in his hand. He was looking at Natsu, lifeless Natsu. Gray knew that every single time Natsu falls to the ground, Natsu would get up but nothing lasts forever and things end one way or another.

Erza was crying softly next to Gray. She was reminiscing the moments she had with Natsu, the times Natsu saved her and how she couldn't do the same.

The guild felt some part of them missing that day, it would never be the same. They couldn't speak. They just looked into each others eyes and felt sorry for each other.

Cause Natsu was dead, and while some grieved, others smiled.

________________________________________________________________________

S E C O N D   C H A P T E R is out! Hope you liked it. Every chapter doesn't get a death on this story unlike the other. There will be more into the story.

Thank you for reading. Please please please leave a vote and a comment and follow me for more stories 😊