F I F T H

Everything affects everything.

Just by the way someone breathes he or she could end someone's life. How? Let's say you like him, you sit close to him. You could feel his ragged breath against your skin; you're turned on. You spend more time with him prior to being turned on. He asks you over, you come- your carriage driver looses control resulting in a tragic accident. (In modern days, we call it reckless driving or a simple car crash) and then you die.

Maybe if someone were dead, someone gets to stay alive- the better one.

Wether your school year turns out well or a complete waste of time solely relies on where you sit on the first day of class and who you talk to.

Sound familiar? It's the butterfly effect where one simple detail could change eternity.

It's your life, it's your bullshit and maybe it should stay that way.

So many thoughts clouded Lucy's mind.

She thought of how much she missed him and how things have changed eversince.

After Lucy blamed Evergreen of killing Natsu, she couldn't forgive herself for what she had become overtime.

'There was nothing but good in Natsu'  Lucy thought. Natsu was pure- is pure and she had no right to love him.

Lucy was curled up in her bath tub, the water just under her chin.

The water reminded her of the time she and Natsu went swimming with Gray, Erza, Wendy and Happy- Team Natsu.

Natsu was in the middle of a feisty volleyball competition with Gray when she had the cramps. Natsu had to take her to shore and let Wendy heal her.

It wasn't a good memory, that one. For Lucy, Natsu would've had a better time without her.

Lucy sunk into the water.

Memories flashed again, her major sin- against Natsu, and against the world.

She realized that she had stayed under water for too long. Water came flooding into her mouth and she had to take it in. Lucy wanted to grasp for air but all she did was push herself further down.

Fairy Tail had always been her dream and Natsu was the one who brought her there and Fairy Tail was but a dream. She had to wake up for her dream had long finished.

Sayonarra, Fairy Tail

And everything faded to black.

●●●●

Lucy had awoken, some liquid forming by her hand.

"G-Gray?"

Gray's eyes widened, a smile formed in his face. There were tears rolling, he wiped them off his cheeks.

"Lucy!" Gray said her name loudly before he kissed her hand and gave her a tight hug.

"Luce...Don't ever do that again" Gray said as he looked her in the eye.

"Gray, I don't have anything to hold onto. There is nothing left, at all. Natsu is gone. Help me. Put me out of my misery, Gray"

Gray paused. He knew what it felt like to blame oneself for another's death. Like Ul and Ultear but it would be unfair to put Lucy out of her misery when Gray had to fight his way through it.

"Lucy, Natsu would want you to live- for him at least. You don't die for your friends, he said, you live for them. Don't you want to honor that Lucy?"

Lucy was speechless. Gray was right in every sense.

"We've been saving countless lives. God knows we don't even kill our enemies, we can't kill ourselves Lucy. We'd be hypocrites"

"The real hypocrite was the one who killed Natsu and Romeo!"

"We're not even sure if the murder is from Fairy Tail. He or she could be a paid hitman or something."

"The killer is a he, Gray. No woman could be capable of murder- not even Evergreen and the killer is obviously from Fairy Tail. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, don't they say?"

"Why are you so sure Lucy?" Gray furrowed his eyebrows, something seemed sketchy.

"Cause I know your secret, Gray Fullbuster. You killed Natsu Dragneel"

"Maybe I did" 

Everything turned into bright blue. Gray had just turned into his Devil Slayer form.

[A/N: To ya'll who don't read manga, this is Gray. 👇👇👇]

Lucy's eyes widened

Lucy's eyes widened.

"You killed Natsu and when that wasn't enough, you killed Romeo!!! Because God knows he loved Natsu as much as I did. You pretended to save me from suicide when it was you, all along who killed Natsu. You're a real actor, Gray."

"Ahhh~ Innocent Lucy. Look at my Devil slayer tatoo, Lucy. It's darkness had consumed me already and as a devil slayer I have to slay devils, don't I? And we all know Etherious Natsu Dragneel was a wonderful Devil- the only real devil. I had to kill the little boy"

Lucy's palms were bleeding, she dug her nails too deep into her own skin.

Gray's confession made sense since only Gray could defeat END and Lucy knew Natsu left the guild with Gray that night. She saw them that night. Lucy had only wished she remembered sooner.

"Fuck you, Fullbuster"

"Fuck me then" Gray smirked which had only irritated Lucy even more.

Lucy drew her key "Gate of the lions: Loke!!!"

Normally a shiny yellow light would dawn upon them as Lucy would summon Loke but there wasn't. There was no Loke and no shiny yellow light.

"No Loke?" Gray smiled.

"GUYS!" Bisca suddenly rushed into the room, the infirmary where the two were about to fight.

"Not now, Bisca" Lucy dismissed.

"But Loke is dead"

Lucy's eyes widened.

The two of them rushed outside along with Bisca. Their jaws drop, obviously lost for words.

Loke's body was nailed to the wall. His skin was ripped open. He bled to death. His blood traveled from his arm and slowly made it's way to his hands and finally his blood would drop to the ground along with the pool of it as it reached the tip of his fingers.

Beside Loke were words- words written in blood- his blood.

The words "Players don't get to play the game for long"  were etched with blood onto what used to be just a wooden wall.

Well now, it wasn't just a wall.

Lucy looked at Gray and his devil slayer self was long gone. He looked sad, like he had lost a friend.

"You didn't have to lie, Gray"

"You needed someone to blame and now we really do"