T H I R D

Lucy closes her eyes; She opens them again yet nothing has changed. Natsu is still dead.

Different people from different guilds came to Natsu's funeral. They all grieved, yet no one felt as cheated as Lucy has.

Her lips quiver; It was raining and despite being under an umbrella, she felt little drops of water crawl on her skin.

"I'm sorry, Lucy. I know how it feels. I hated him ya' know but that was only a facade for all the concern I had for him. You loved Natsu. Loosing someone you love ... that's gotta hurt and it's gonna hurt for a while. Stay strong, Natsu would want that for you" Gray says as he hugs her.

Gray walks away, Levy and Gajeel come.

"You're probably sick of all the people saying their condolences but I mean it Lu-Chan, I really am sorry" Levy says, teary eyed.

"Levy!" Someone calls Levy, she leaves abruptly leaving Lucy with Gajeel.

"Oi, Lucy. You loved Natsu, you really did. I know there are some things you wanted to tell him, things you wanted to thank him about, things you regretted but it's too late. Some things are meant to be that way, destined. Don't worry. I really am sorry too"  Gajeel pats her back and leaves her be.

Lucy tightens her grip on the umbrella she has been holding as she gazes upon the many people who attend Natsu's funeral from afar.

People from different towns, and guilds all come along to see a dear friend get burried.

They say how much it was a great loss, how they didn't expect a Dragon Slayer to die that way, but he did. Expectations do not defy reality.

●●●

Loke lights up the last candle and places it on the side.

The guild was having a sleepover, a sad one. Perhaps it was to mourn, to get to know each other or maybe it was to identify the murderer- if he was murdered.

Lucy and Levy were sitting on a table, their feet on the chairs before the table. They wrapped themselves in warm blankets and had hot choco in hand.

It was dark but the candles gave ample light. There was a calming silence that went along the soft whispers of the guild people.

Gajeel and Loke were talking softly and across them were Mirajane, Gray and Erza laying beside each other, also talking.

Gray and Erza talked about how they went on missions with Natsu while Mirajane told them Natsu's efforts to gain Lucy's affection since Natsu would always come ask help from Mira.

For once, Juvia wasn't thinking of Gray. She talked about Natsu with Cana. Cana and Juvia weren't that close with Natsu but Natsu made them feel that they mattered.

The whole guild had one person in mind, the death of Natsu.

Meanwhile, Laxus and Makarov were standing on the second floor, gazing upon their flock.

"Who do you think killed Natsu?" Laxus whispered to his grandfather.

Makarov looks away from downstairs and says "let's hope it's not anyone of these idiots"

____________________________________

Updated for ya'll 😚 If you guys watch Pll, Tvd, The 100 or Riverdale then heads up, I'm making a oneshot series about them.