T W E L F T H

Lucy ran her fingers through her rather blonde hair in frustration. Tonight was her chance to get to blame someone. To solve all this bullshit.

While everybody else was slowly getting intoxicated, Lucy was holding the glass of liquor in her hands, more likely looking at it rather than actually drinking from it. The celestial spirit mage had to stay sober for tonight. 

"Juvia wants to play" Juvia whined.

"Sure, let's do that. Truth or dare?" Lucy agreed quickly. It was perfect timing. A game would surely set her plan in motion.

It seemed that it had piqued everyone's interest since the bunch gathered in a little circle.

Cana quickly chugged the bottle of whatever she was currently drinking and placed the bottle in the center.

"Here it goes" Mira said all gushy as she spun the bottle. The bottle pointed towards one of the remaining dragon slayers, Wendy.

"Truth or dare, little girl" Freed asked, obviously a little drunk since he wasn't usually the one to say something.

"Truth" Wendy played safe, she didn't want to do something embarrassing but Lucy was at an impasse with her. She couldn't bring her to drink- no one could. So even if she knew something, she wouldn't tell the truth about it.

"Crush?" Lisanna asked. Lucy rolled her eyes. 'They were wasting time' Lucy thought but she couldn't help it; She was curious as well.

The calm aura turned into a heavy one when Wendy started bawling.

"Hey, don't cry. It's okay." Erza scooted closer to comfort her. Wendy wrapped her arms around Erza as she rested her forehead on the crook of her neck and started bawling even more.

"It was Romeo" Wendy said softly just above a whisper.

The blonde couldn't bring herself to say something. What if the killer wasn't here? Hell, what if the killer was from another guild? Bringing them here tonight to observe them was cruel but justice had to overrule guilt. Natsu needed justice. Lucy needed it.

While Wendy was slowly calming down, Gray did the spinning; the bottle pointed to Juvia.

As always, Levy secretly loved their dynamic. Lucy and her even had a bet if Gruvia was end game.

Lucy looked at Levy and wiggled a brow. She winked back at her in response but before Levy could ask Juvia something, Cana had something else in mind.

"Last dirty dream you had of Gray?" Everyone laughed while Laxus choked on his beer. Warmth was creeping on Juvia's cheeks- not that she would notice; she was too drunk.

"You didn't even ask Juvia if she wanted a dare" Juvia challenged.

"Dare you to stay naked the whole night" Cana challenged in return.

"You could've gave that dare to Gray, he's already gettin' it" Lisanna said as she chuckled. Gray was already in nothing else but his boxers.

"Juvia will stick to truth then" Juvia sighed.

Everyone became quiet, even Erza who had recently shared intimacy with Gray more than anyone else. It had secretly pained the S-Class mage to know how Juvia loved Gray so much. It even made her jealous how Juvia could get to admit it so easily.

"Me and G-Gray-sama were in the shower... and me and Gray kind of just did i-"

"Oh my God, stop. Gross" Elfman said with a scrunched face.

"Hey, it's kinda hot" Evergreen scolded her lover.

Lucy quickly spun the bottle to hasten the 'investigation' but instead, the bottle pointed to herself which made everyone laugh.

"Seven minutes in heaven with.... uh Mirajane" Gray said, laughing.

Lucy would normally go for truth but this was also another chance to ask Mira questions, so she stood up and lead Mira to her walk in closet.

"We don't actually have to make out" Mira chuckled and so did Lucy. The two mages sat on the floor, talking about the most trivial things.

"Lucy," Mira said. "I know what you're trying to do"

"You mean host a sleep over?"

"I mean trying to figure who the killer is."

Lucy's eyes widened. She knew Mirajane wasn't stupid, but she never thought she would notice.

"Hosting this get together so you can keep a close eye on your suspects. I'm here, which means I'm a suspect too"

Mirajane was hurt and Lucy knew that. If the breaking of Mira's voice wasn't painful enough, She didn't know what else was.

"I honestly have no excuse, Mira. I'm sorry" Lucy said, full of regret.

"I'm fine, hurt is all"

Lucy hugged Mira, silently hoping she'd forgive her. "I'm the last person who leaves the guild, but I wouldn't do anything to hurt him Lucy. I promise"

"and I believe you" Lucy responded, running her soft hands against Mira's back.

"had fun, you two?" Freed asked, as he entered the closet.

"So much fun" Lucy winked which made Mira laugh.

"Well seven minutes is over." Freed said, bringing the two friends out.

After the incident, it would be sick if Lucy continued her investigation so everything that had happened next was purely fun- nothing Lucy forcefully conducted.

"Truth" Erza answered, all smugly. It seemed that they continued the game without them.

"Fuck, marry, kill. Gray, Laxus or Juvia"

Erza was sort of drunk by now so she didn't feel the need to hold back.

"Of course marry this hottie right here" Erza wrapped an arm around Gray and pecked his cheek but surely Gray was too drunk to notice.

"and fuck Juvia I guess. She's hot. I love her boobs" Erza said laughing.

"and kill Laxus because he's a d*ck"

"Hey, Laxus isn't that!" Freed argued.

"Honestly, he is" Cana agreed.

"Heyyy!" Laxus said, a little hurt but mostly  drunk and everyone laughed.

"I was joking, we all love you but Juvia's boobs are hotter than those eyebrows"Erza admitted.

"Laxus- san does have great eyebrows" Wendy confessed as well.

"Yeah, and that lightning shaped scar makes 'em hotter" Mira gushed.

"Aiyyyy! Mira has feelings for Laxus" Evergreen teased.

"I do not!"

"You definitely do" Elfman teased as well.

"Can't blame you" Laxus cocked a brow which made everyone else cheer even more.

It was so much fun, the time they had now but it just made Lucy so sad how Natsu wasn't here with them. Usually, Natsu would be here breaking things and setting them on fire but he wasn't. Not anymore. And it had sucked how everyone was slowly moving on but Lucy was still stuck with the constant thought of her dead lover and the persistent guilt she had for cheating on him and her best friend.