22| after

"You what?!" Jessica screeched right in my ear, again

"You what?!" Jessica screeched right in my ear, again. We were sitting in the library, both of us working on our Divination essay.

A girl with short black hair frowned at us from across the room. "Quiet! This is a library!" She whisper-shouted at us.

"Huh? Oh yeh soz," Jessica replied half-heartedly and immediately turned back to towards me. "Why in the name of dingbat wallabies didn't you KISS him!"

I raised my eyebrow at her in amusement.

"Dingbat wallabies, huh? Interesting combination." She went slightly red, and I giggled.

She replied quickly. "Don't ask. I got it from Ron."

And then that moment when everything suddenly makes sense.

"It's cute you use his idea." I smirked at her, and she rolled her eyes.

"Haha you're so funny. Now, back to the matter in hand!" She crossed her arms clearly frustrated with my stalling.

"Did you hear me the first time or do I need to tell you again!" The black girl whisper-shouted at us again. I glanced over at her uniform; Slytherin.

Then I realised that behind those glasses of hers was one of Malfoy's 'sidekicks', Penelope Lavotz.

"Buzz off." Jessica replied moodily, motioning her fingers in a Z-formation.

I chocked on my water when I giggled at her sassiness, setting me off in a coughing fit which only angered Penelope even more.

Then I programmed what Jessica has said.

I didn't kiss him because I am a mermaid who was born human and have an extremely deadly leader of the pod who knows everything and would probably sentence me to death if she found out I kissed a human who isn't the boy she is planning on marrying me off to.

So yeah, hope that wasn't too confusing.

"Oh, right! It's a long story." Her expression after I said those last words was priceless.

"After using up all my best persuading techniques to get you to tell me, you just say 'it's a long story'? Whatever, this convo will be continued."

With that we both headed out the library, Penelope glaring at us as we went.