34| heartbroken

"Are you not going to sit down

"Are you not going to sit down... Miss. Seapixi." Snape looked at me suspiciously as I sat down, glancing at the daisy every now and then.

He noticed this and stood in front of it, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Moving on, I expect you have completed your potion?" Snape scanned the room and you could almost make out the incredibly small small on his face, but that soon vanished when Oliver Wood put his hand up from across the room.

"Actually, Professor, we thought we had to–" he was soon cut off.

"Detention. Your partner too." Snape hissed.

Oliver turned around and gave an apologetic smile at his partner, Lee Jordan, who shrugged. He can be slightly strange sometimes.

Just then the door opened again, and we all turned round.

There, standing by the door, was Cedric, his mouth the oddest colour of red. Then I noticed that his hair was ruffled and his uniform was scruffy.

What has he been doing?

"Sorry I'm late, Professor." Snape narrowed his eyes at him, then was about to continue speaking, when Laura Ravazzoti entered the classroom as well.

I couldn't help but notice how her lips were puffy. Her hair and clothes were also untidy, just like Cedric's.

I glanced at the empty seat next to me. I moved my bag off the chair and placed it on the floor, expecting Cedric to sit down in it.

Laura then grabbed Cedric's arm and dragged him towards two empty seats. Cedric completely ignored me and happily went to sit with her. They were both smiling with each other and I watched as throughout the lecture he twiddled with her hair and so and so.

I looked at the two of them, and took in their appearance, when I realised what had happened.

They had been kissing.

It was like Cedric didn't care about me anymore. Like I suddenly meant nothing to him. I should have known better, because I see now that love is nothing but a game to him. He didn't even glance at me once, let alone sit next to me.

My eyes stung with tears.

Luckily we ran out of time for Cedric and I to present our potion in that lesson so we'd have to wait untill next time.

Once Professor Snape had dismissed us, I ran out the classroom and all the way to the girls' bathroom.

I was wrong about how I felt. I realise now that I do love him, for I'm heartbroken.

But Cedric doesn't love me back.