59| penseive

I followed Lily as she lead me through the trees

"A... penseive?" Then I remembered what I saw in the one Eric showed me.

"Yes, the memory thingy." Lily replied like it's nothing.

"Well, why are you going to show me someone's memories?" I asked her, and she stopped and looked at me.

"You're not going to see memories in it, I'm going to enchant it so that you can see the stories I have heard.

"What stories? What do you mean!" I questioned, even more bidazzled than before.

"The future!" She said back, slightly aggressively.

That's when my whole world froze.

She can't–It's not possible–I don't want t–do I?

"W–w–what?" I stuttered, in utter disbelief.

"You heard me. The future." She stopped and looked at me once more, and I examined her eyes.

They were green.

Extremely green.

I remember that time when we were all sitting in the Great Hall for curfew, and Ginny wouldn't stop talking about how bright Harry's green eyes are, and Harry and Hermione would always talk about how awesome the Weasley's are.

I remember Harry saying how much he loves Ginny's red hair–

OH

MY

FLIPPING

GOD

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Esmraldia! Wake up for Merlin's sake! Do you always faint?" I opened my eyes to see a pair of bright green eyes staring right at me.

Funny, I had the weirdest drea–

OHMYGAWD

THAT WAS NOT A DREAM

I sprung up to find myself lying on the floor.

My eyes widened in shock as I looked at Lily.

It's true!

She's an exact clone of Ginny!

I scrambled up and stood up straight.

"Please say your parents aren't who I think they are!" I exclaimed. She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Oh, no they aren't." She said calmly, and I took a huge sigh of relief.

"Phew. That would be extremely awkward right now." I sighed, brushing the dirt of my top.

"They're Harry and Ginny."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"This is getting ridiculous! You have a serious problem!" Lily shouted in my ear, and I instantly awoke.

I sat up, rubbing my cut forehead.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice slightly coarse.

"You fainted for the 19182742047th time!" Lily replied, sounding frustrated.

Then it flowed back.

"Oh my god your parents are Harry and Ginny!" I said, suddenly remembering.

"No shit Sherlock." She said in fluent sarcasm.

Oh... no... she... didn't!

"Excuse me! Language!" I said angrily.

"Whatever. Here." She clicked her fingers and in a split second a penseive was floating in front of me.

"Er–" I began, nervous.

"Are you ready?" I hesitated, but nodded.

"I guess." I replied confidently.

"Rominum." Lily whispered, and the penseive lit up.

That was the enchantment...

One...

Two...

Three...

I took a deep breath and put my head in the water.

What I saw next was far worse than anything I could have imagined.

And that is what I saw.