62| arrival

Everything was different

Everything was different. Nothing was the same. Now that I know the future, I don't know what to do.

What's even worse:

Cedric is killed.

It is the next day after the fire and I had been crying my eyes out all night. It was now only a matter of time before it happens. I hadn't told anyone about it, but still, I always carried the vile of the enchanting potion around in case I had to show someone.

The question is, why did Lily show me? And why me, out of all people? Why not Harry, or even Hermione? They're cleverer than me! They'd know what to do!

It is because you are the girl... the girl in the prophecy...

I whipped around when I heard a strange, whispering voice as Amatheia, Sirena, Isla and I were heading up to Hogwarts.

"Who's there!?" My hand shook as I held my wand.

"Who are you talking too, Esme?" I heard Sirena ask, but I ignored her, as I stared behind me.

The girl is returning... returning to Hogwarts... the voice said again.

I gulped and held up my wand. "Show yourself!"

To meet her fate...

It whispered for the final time, but before I could say anything a collection of blossom leaves swept in the air above my head, them vanished. The voice was gone.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

After that, all four of us continued up the hill, when we heard cheering.

"I wonder what all that is about?" Isla said and she made her way up to the top of the hill, us following closely behind. We all looked around trying to find where the cheering was coming from.

"There!" Amatheia suddenly said, pointing towards the part of Black Lake on the other side of the castle. We followed her gaze, and we all gasped. Sirena, Isla and Amatheia from amazement but me from memory.

Flying in the sky, was a very elegant carriage indeed, with about ten pegasus' pulling it.

That's when I had a flashback to the pensieve: