68| a new friend

"RIA RIA RIA RIA RIAAAAA!" an extremely excited Jessica Weasley came running into the Gryffindor common room and literally cascading herself through the air and onto the sofa by the fire, jumping up and down like a bird flapping its wings

"RIA RIA RIA RIA RIAAAAA!" an extremely excited Jessica Weasley came running into the Gryffindor common room and literally cascading herself through the air and onto the sofa by the fire, jumping up and down like a bird flapping its wings. "RIA RIA oh Merlin you will never believe what just happened!" she squealed, again.

I shut my 'How To Deal With A Messy Roommate' book and immediately sat down next to her.

This can only mean one thing!

"Sooooo what happened with Oliver! Tell me!" I, also, squealed.

She beamed at me. "HE KISSED ME!" she screeched as she pulled me up from the sofa and started dancing with me round and round the common room until she tripped and almost landed in the fire.

I knew it I knew it I knew it!!

My match-making skills are GENIUS.

"Jess I am so so happy for you! Tell me everything, and don't miss out a single detail!"

Oh lordy voldy, I am turning into Jess and have caught her fan-girling ways.

She frantically jumped up and down making the furniture shake a little.

"I will, but at dinner, I now have to go tell the others!" and with that she skipped up the stairs up to the dormitories like a pony that had just found a whole carrot vegetable patch.

"Okay well, see ya!" I called up the stairs to her as I sat back down on the sofa.

A few seconds later someone else walked in the common room.

Oh look who it is!

It's Oliver!

The reason why my best friend almost set herself on fire from jumping around the room from utter happiness!

"Hey Esmraldia, how are you? Whatcha reading?" He said. I hid my book.

"Oh, nothing, I am most certainly not reading a book about how to stop Jessica from being a messy human in our dormitory, where'd you get that idea?"

I am so bad at this.

Oliver gave me the look.

I coughed and quickly said, "I'm fine thanks how are you?"

"Never happier!" He said as a humongous grin appeared on his face as he started to dance around the room.

This time, I covered the fire by standing in front of it.

Not him too!

Then again, they are sooo meant for each other.

Oliver stopped dancing.

Thank god, he was beginning to look odd.

"Hey, you know when you first told me to ask Jess to that ball in 4th year, you said you would deal with Penelope, my original partner?" He asked.

"I took care of her." By that I mean I sent her to Mount Everest.

"Yeah... nobody has seen her in three years since then." He replied.

Flip.

I forced a smile. "He he he.... that's funny... gotta go." I ran out the common room and turned round the corner and pointed my finger at an empty space.

Penelope appeared, as frozen as an icicle, yet she still remained to scowl at me.

"Heyyy Penelope! Good trip? I hear the now is extra white there... gotta go." I ran off before she could curse me.

I quickly jogged around the corner and bumped into someone and fell.

I looked up and recognised who it was, that new exchange student from Durmstrang, Zach. I stood up quickly.

"Are you alright?" He smiled.

He is terrifying. He's from Durmstrang. He probably knows Victor Krum.

"Y-yesso?" I replied.

"Pardon?" He laughed.

I gulped. "You're Zach, right? My name is Esmraldia." I put my hand out to shake hands. He took it and smiled again.

"Esmraldia Potter? I know all about you and your mermaid ways." My eyes widened and my hands started to shake.

Luckily, that's what you are supposed to do when you give someone a hand shake so at least he didn't notice that.

Anyway..

How does-

"he know?" He finished my sentence which-

hang on I said that in my mind!

He laughed. "Don't worry, your secret is safe with me, I can read people." He said joyfully. Okay, he seemed really nice I guess he really will keep it a secret.

"Alright, you seem like an ordinary fellow anyways. Nice to meet you!" And with that, I waved goodbye and continued walking.

"I am also in Gryffindor so I guess I will see you at the feast! But beware, the Weasley twins are planning to put a farting balloon on your seat!" He called out.

I turned around and laughed.

"Thanks for giving the heads up!" I turned back around and walked down the corridor towards the feast.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

I was walking down the corridor, thinking about what food is going to be served at the feast.

I am so hungry, merlin!

Then my mind traced back to the pensieve again and everything I saw inside it. I wonder if-

"Esmraldia!" My thoughts were interrupted by no other but my mum who came rushing towards me. She held up a small glass container.

Uh oh.

It's Lily's enchantment.

"What are you-" I furiously began to question.

Then I realised.

Dumbledore.

"I found this, and you should not have it! Knowing the future is a dangerous thing!"

I looked at her wide eyed, and was about to take it from her until:

SHE DROPS IT ON THE FLOOR.

AND SMASHES IT.

"WHAT THE-" However in an instant she pointed her wand at me.

Little did I know, she had just wiped about all my memories from the pensieve.

I peered down at the floor which was covered in liquid.

Huh?

"What's that? Why am I standing here?" I furrowed my eyebrows at my mum and she smiled.

"We were just going to the feast." She replied grabbing my hand and leading me into the Great Hall.

Although little did I know that in the corner was a familiar girl with red hair and a short bob.

Lily.

She waved her wand to give me back the memory of one thing.

Cedric's death.

I entered the Great Hall with a beam on my face.

It was a roast!

I skipped towards the Gryffindor table, then without warning paused in my tracks.

That something came back to me.

Cedric's death.