69| all makes sense...

My whole world had stopped in its tracks

My whole world had stopped in its tracks. I gradually edged closer to the Gryffindor table. I stopped again. I looked over to the Hufflepuff table.

There Cedric was, laughing with his mates, having fun, throwing the odd carrot across the table to Fred and George.

Tears began to well up in my eyes as I remembered all of our shared moments together. My mind wandered to whether I should tell him about how I have saved him three times, all with the same song.

I wondered about him, his life, his family, and his friends, and our relationship we hold. How he jokes around and gets the odd detention from Professor McGonagall every time and again. However I also thought about his bravery, his determination, his commitments to everything he holds dear, and how just he is to even be thinking about entering his name into the Goblet of Fire, which stood, on a platform, at the very front of the Hall.

And that's just it, the Triwizard Tournament.

There the goblet stood, up high and shining the brightest of blue. Soon, Cedric's name would be drawn out of the goblet and announced by Dumbledore that he is one of the champions.

I didn't ask for this. After all that has happened, I have no idea what to do.

I have no idea how to prevent it, because from what I know and see as I gaze at my sweet Cedric sitting at his table, smiling, I knew that he wasn't going to listen to me telling him not to enter.

Not unless, I think of something drastically to change it.

I already know one of the challenges to the tournament. Astrid was called for by Dumbledore to organise the other mermaids in the Black Lake to get ready for the underwater task.

But that wasn't the task, as I remember, in which all hell breaks lose.

I remembered my dream. The graveyard, the creature.

Voldemort.

The past few days I have not been thinking about this seriously enough.

Whatever it takes, even if I have to face Bellatrix or even the death eaters themselves, I will not let ANYONE take Cedric away from me, and even if they try, they will have to go through me first.

I know now much he means to me now as I look at him.

I need to think of a plan.

And I need to think of one now.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Zach's POV

I watched as Esmraldia continued to walk down the corridor and turn the corner, going out of sight. Chuckling to myself, I strutted down the corridor in the opposite direction.

She doesn't seem all so bad.

As I turned the corner my eyes met with Adelaide Delacour. She is Fleur's half-sister on her father's side, however we both share the same mother.