57| danger

- 1 year later -

- 1 year later -

"Focus, Esmraldia." Said the voice of our trainer, Shinu.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I focused my mind, and counted to three.

One...

Two...

Three...

In an instant I whirled around and opened my eyes. At once, I flung the dagger through the moving pillars of wood, missing the balls of fire and the huge rocks that were moving up and down, crashing down onto the ground, and boom.

It hit the target.

"Impressive, Esmraldia. You have come far within the past year," Shinu commented, and I couldn't help but smile. "Now, the next step. You know what to do." He added on.

I simply nodded and turned back around, but this time with my eyes open.

My eyes traced the woods surrounding me, and all went quiet for a moment.

"Envisi Clementi." Shinu whispered, and a light breeze filled the air, then all went silent once more. I knew what was coming. After training, this was my test.

I heard a faint growl coming from amongst the trees. I swung around, alert.

Remember when Asteria told me about the power I've had since I was little? Well, turns out I can perform wandless magic.

The strangest thing of all?

My wandless power is exactly the same as Lily Potter's, Harry's mother.

1. It's impossible.

2. It's impossible because I'm not even related to her.

3. I am only the 2nd witch (and out of all the wizards as well) who possesses wandless magic, after Lily.

Yup, it's unique alright.

I was drawn out of my thoughts when I heard a twig snap. I swung my body round again, when slowly I could see a creature with in the shadows.

It emerged, and I almost fell back when I saw what and how big it was.

A dragon with scales of the most darkest shade of green. Fangs a horrible sulphur-coloured yellow, and eyes that dropped with crimson blood.

"I was expecting something just a tad bit smaller, you know!" I shouted sarcastically at Shinu over the dragon's thundering roar, or whatever the sound they make is called.

I never was good at Care of Magical Creatures and the studies of the animals.

"Just remember what I've taught you, and you'll be fine!" Shinu shouted back.

Ugh.

I rolled my eyes, and for some reason my fear of the dragon had gone. I darted to the side as the dragon breathed fire, aiming at me. Luckily, I leapt far enough that it missed.