46| lesson

My eyes flickered open to see Jessica sitting on my bed, looking at me

My eyes flickered open to see Jessica sitting on my bed, looking at me. Slowly, I sat up, feeling stiff.

"How was I?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Well you didn't scream anymore, and as far as I know you were calm." I nodded, massaging my forehead to ease my thumping head ache.

"Good."

"I brought you something for breakfast. You had a um... rough night so I let you sleep in through breakfast. Here." She handed me something that was wrapped in a napkin, so I opened it up.

A pain au chocolat.

She is now officially my best friend forever. What does she call it? Oh yeh, BFF.

"I praise you so much right now." I said as I took a bite into the pastry, my eyes immediately rolling back by the delicious taste.

"Your welcome," She said as she rolled her eyes as I pretended to pray to her. "Stop doing that, you look like a demented walrus clapping its hands." I stopped.

What the shell! That was the most random thing I've ever heard her say. Then I looked at what my hands were doing.

Ok, I actually do look like a demented walrus clapping its hands.

"Come in, lazy bones. Up and at 'em, as my grandpa used to say." I groaned and dragged myself out of bed, getting ready into my uniform, then headed to class.

"Remember it's the ball in three days time! Plus, if you go with Cedric, you owe me 500 galleons! In fact, change the if to when, because you are going with him, end of. I'm pretty sure Nathan's going to ask me, and..." Jessica squealed as she suddenly remembered.

Oh gawd, might as well make myself a cup of hot chocolate cause I don't think we'll be talking about anything else anytime soon.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Class dismissed. Remember to do your essay, or you will get a detention. I'll see you next lesson," Professor Snape said as all the students fled out the classroom. "Not you, Esmraldia."

Oh shitzu...

I put on a fake smile and turned around. Nobody could understand the temptation I'm felling right now. Hey Snapey the Snappy Slytherin, you have a son and I know that you know that I have a half-brother–

"Stop staring into space." Snape snapped at me and I instantly zoned back in.

"You wanted to speak to me, Professor?" I asked.

"Yes. It's time for your occlumency lesson."

Kill me now.

"But, Sir, I have Herbology ne–"

"I am well aware, Miss Seapixi, and your teacher has been informed of your absence. Now, let's begin. Today, you will be using legilimency on me, and I will block you, to teach you how to control your power."

"Yes, Sev–Snape..." I said quickly.

"Excuse me, Miss Seapixi, but nicknames are not allowed in my classroom." He said in a droning tone of voice.

Me being an idiot like I am, I didn't know what I was going to say next.

"Sorry, Snapey–Snapeivify!" I changed the word quickly, causing myself to do a spell which turned the desk beside me into llama.

Oops.

But at the same time awesome.

Snape looked at me, looking very angry indeed. Slowly, his eye wincing with inferior, he transformed the llama which was nibbling at my hair, back into the desk. "Detention!"

Never mind, not awesome.

Not awesome at all...

"Moving on, let's begin. Say the word." Snape continued, slightly calmer now, and I gulped, this being my first time casting this spell.

"Legimens." And then suddenly I was inside his mind. I waited for him to block me, when I suddenly saw a memory.

Snape stood in the courtyard, looking older than the previous memory, around 18 years old.

"Maybe I should turn him into a rat! That'll suit him!" I turned around to see a very familiar face.

James Potter.

Then all of a suddenly James was hitting Snape, him laughing with his friends as Snape fell to the floor, bleeding.

"Nobody." Ok, if I was there, this James Potter boy would be dead by now.

Sorry Harry not sorry.

But then a girl with brown hair walked up to James, looking very tough indee–

WHAT THE HELL?!

I looked closer to make sure I was right.

THE GIRL IS CIARA! WHAT THE ACTUAL F–

Calm yo self, Ria.

"Lay off, Potter, or you'll regret it." She sneered at him.

"Oh? And what are you going do about it–"

She punched him. Yas ma girl. James and his gang scurried away like idiots.

Soz Harry.

Ciara turned towards Snape.

"You alright? I'm Ciara."

"Severus."

That's when that memory ended.