40| evil rises

"That was awesome!" Cedric said as we ran down the hill

"Did you see Isobel's face? It was priceless!" I replied, laughing.

"I'm sure it was." We both stopped in our tracks and turned around when we heard a familiar voice speak behind us.

"Isobel." I spat when we saw her standing there, her arms crossed with a smirk in her face. What shocked me was that there was a boy with brown hair, placed neatly into waves, standing next to her.

"That was quite a show you put on in there, Esmraldia." She said with a fake smile on her face.

"You bit–" Cedric stepped forwards and it seemed as though he was about to punch her, when I stopped him.

"Don't Cedric," I ignored what Isobel just said and turned towards the boy. "Who are you." I more like demanded.

"Oh, I'm sorry, have I not introduced myself?" I scowled at him. He was just like Isobel. I crossed my arms and took out my wand, pressing against his neck with it.

"Tell me or I'll hex you!" I demanded again, but he didn't look the slightest bit scared.

He smiled at me and pushed my wand down with a clenched jaw, his eyes showing a hint of inferior.

"The name's Quint. Quint Snape."

My eyes widened. He's the son of Snape!?

"Professor Snape is your father?!" I shouted in disbelief. That leaves one question: Who is his mother?

"Oh, there's more to it than you think, buttercup." I sent him a glare. If looks could kill, he would be long dead by now.

"Don't. Call me. Buttercup." I said through gritted teeth.

He still smiled at me. "Why ever not? You did just now in the Great Hall."

That's it.

"Stupefy!" He plunged into the air and tumbled backwards, then hit his head in the ground, hard. "Don't you ever pretend to be someone you're not again!"

As soon as I said this, Isobel took out her wand and pressed it against my neck. As she did so, Cedric took out his and put it on hers. Checkmate.

Slowly, she drew away and stepped back.

"Next time, you won't have your little boyfriend here to save you. And just so you know, you are going to regret this. When my mother is out of Azkaban and when I tell her about you, you will wish you were never born."

A hint of darkness could be seen in her eyes. "Oh really? And who's your mother, Isobel?"

She smirked and let out an evil laugh.

"Why, dear child, I forgot to mention a few things about me. I'm four years older than you, and know more magic spells than you'll ever know. Do you want to know why? Because my name is Cora Lestrange, daughter of Bellatrix Lestrange, the most powerful death eater in the world. And you're going to lose in this. In the war, everything. Because we will all come back, one day. Just you wait."

She pulled up her sleeve and revealed a mark. A mark with a skull and a serpent on it.

Death Eater.

Before I could say anything else, she and Quint had already gone.

She was right, there is going to be a war. A war against Voldemort, and I could somehow feel that this was only just the beginning.