Author's Page

C O P Y R I G H T

Copyright © 2017 by Shruti Rout

All rights reserved.

This story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or retransmitted in whole or in part, in any manner, without written authorisation of the author and any infringement of this is a violation of copyright law. Readers/users are prohibited from sharing, distributing, or disseminating copies to others, whether in electronic form or as physical copy. Violators will face punitive measures, including but not limited to fines, injunctions, and the imposition of statutory damages.

Remember, ignorance of the law is not an excuse. Take heed and respect the rights of the author. If you can't write, simply don't. But don't plagiarize. It's not only unethical but also shameful.

Let's encourage each other to be original and authentic.

D I S C L A I M E R

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. The quotes written in each chapter belong solely to the author. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, businesses, companies, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.

D E D I C A T I O N

To everyone who believes in love, this is for you.

N O T E

No relationship is perfect; highs and lows are a part of it. Knowing what makes your partner happy and being able to comfort them at all times is what leads to a beautiful and special bond. That's what Soft Pillows is going to teach you. Don't give up without trying.

W A R N I N G

The book contains scenes of self-harm, mentions of abuse and suicide, themes of grief and depression, and sexual content in the last chapters. Readers are requested to proceed with caution. Please skip if you see any scene that you may find triggering.

S O F T   P I L L O W S

Soft Pillows 
filled with warmth 
whisper sweet stories to me
on a restless night 
after a long day at work,
when loneliness creeps in
with its chilly grip
and keeps me awake. 

Soft Pillows 
filled with warmth 
watch me at my worst
as I tear myself
like a paper
and pick my pieces 
with bleeding fingers. 

Soft Pillows
filled with warmth 
hold me tight with tenderness, 
like a best friend
against whom I lean without shame
when I cry in muffled sobs 
after a heartbreak. 

Soft Pillows 
filled with warmth
listen to my darkest fears
and keep my deepest secrets,
which I murmur incoherently
in my sleep-laden state. 

Soft Pillows 
filled with warmth
bring me comfort 
when I scream in unbridled rage 
against the unfairness I face,
overwhelmed by my life.

Soft Pillows
filled with warmth
accompany me when needed,
regardless of the season and situation,
my peace,
always there
for me. 

Here's the answer to your question about how the title relates to the story. Atharva and Aahana symbolize soft pillows, that is, they are each other's pillows in every aspect. Comfort. Support. Home.

Having said that, thank you so much for giving my story a chance. Stay awesome, and happy reading! ❤