Chapter 42

"Be my everything, for today, for eternity."

A week had flown since the major incident which shook everyone to the core

A week had flown since the major incident which shook everyone to the core. It was all sudden and unexpected. Nobody ever fathomed Urvashi to take such a huge step but she did and now she was dead.

Urvashi attempted suicide by taking a bottle of sleeping pills. She could have been saved but it was too late when she was taken to the hospital. Harshvardhan thought she was asleep but when morning arrived and she didn't open her eyes, he was puzzled. She slept past noon, very un- Urvashi like.

When he asked Nisha to arouse her mom, her silence was startling. He didn't know what to do. They rushed to the hospital but all that the doctor did was apologize.

Atharva and Aahana had been informed.

The revelation was met with stunned silence. Agreed, they hated the woman but why would Urvashi do so was still a question which the police were trying to solve.

Atharva had some idea, so did Aahana but they didn't want to overthink.

Atharva saw his father cry after years. He realized the man had fallen in love with Urvashi. His cries were of a husband mourning the death of his wife.

Nisha was sobbing miserably, her shoulders shook violently and no one was able to control her.

And he? He didn't shed a single tear.

He didn't feel any remorse. He didn't care.

His face showed nothing when she was being carried to the cremation pyre. He was made to perform all the rites, and he did but no emotions were involved.

His hatred for the woman was beyond his control and humanity.

People thought it was his way of coping through the grief, only if they knew.

When they returned home, no words were exchanged. There was nothing to say. Aahana was overly concerned, and every time she'd glance his way, he remained motionless with a vacant expression. As the days progressed, the only form of communication was hand gestures and head nods. Most of the time, it was Aahana trying to talk to him, asking if he was okay while he stayed quiet. Of course, he wasn't okay. Aahana was glad she'd sent her sister away the day they got the news; otherwise, Atharva would have felt even more suffocated.

There was a lot of thinking which didn't stop for a while, not until they finally decided to share it with each other. And when they did, they knew Urvashi's death was somewhat their fault.

The threats they threw were taken seriously by her and the fear that consumed her led her to her end. In a way, it was the result of her own deeds.

They didn't want to be heartless but they were relieved.

They decided to forget the mishap and move on.

It was difficult. They couldn't forget the presence of Urvashi in the house just a few days back. It haunted them. They felt like she was rounding them, blaming them for her death.