Chapter 51

"Let me hold you in my arms tonight and show you how much I love you."

Atharva started the engine, his eyes fixed on the road ahead

Atharva started the engine, his eyes fixed on the road ahead. The sun had already set, and the sky was painted in various shades of red and orange. The cool evening breeze seeped through the open windows, carrying the pleasant scent of blooming flowers.

"Why did you have to invite Jay?" 

"Because I wanted to." Aahana grinned. "Dinesh is coming too."

"I don't mind Dinesh, but Jay..." he trailed off, his expression turning sour.

"I know," she said, leaning over to pinch his cheek. "You are afraid of Jay."

Atharva slapped her hand away and glared at her. She giggled at his reaction but stopped quickly and raised her hands in surrender. "Okay, sorry, I won't tease you."

Atharva shook his head, sighing. He focused on the road again and slowed the car in front of the enormous iron gate when they reached home. The guards let them in, and Atharva dropped Aahana off in front of the house before parking the car in the garage.

He loosened his tie once he was inside and strode to their bedroom. He changed into his sweatpants and T-shirt, then climbed into the bed with his laptop and files. The door creaked open, and he looked up to see Aahana approach him with two mugs of coffee. She smiled and handed him his mug, sitting beside him on the bed. He returned the smile and patted her cheek with a gentle touch before taking a sip of his coffee.

"Are they here yet?" Atharva glanced at the clock and realized he had been cooped up in the room for five hours straight.

"Twenty minutes."

"Okay." He nodded. "I have got tons of work to do, so I'd rather stay here during dinner."

"C'mon, Atharva, you can't skip dinner."

"I'm not hungry anyway." He placed the mug on the nightstand and picked up his laptop again. Aahana chuckled and snatched it from his hold, taking it out of his reach. He scowled at her, but when she settled herself in his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck, he had to look the other way to hide his smile.

"No?" Aahana asked, brushing her fingers through his hair.

"No," he replied, seeking comfort in her presence.

"You're okay if Jay eats all the Lasagna?"

His ears perked up, and he faced her with raised eyebrows. "Lasagna?"

Aahana nodded with a serious expression. "Yeah, but it's okay. Dinesh and Jay won't mind having it all." She slid out of his lap, but he grabbed her waist, pulling her back.

He couldn't resist the lure. "I'm kinda starving." He nuzzled his face into her neck and stood up with her in his arms. She squealed, holding his shoulders tightly. "Let me go, Atharva, please."