Chapter 14

"You knew I was broken beyond repair, yet you love me. Why?"

After Nisha's Birthday party, Atharva was less difficult around Aahana

After Nisha's Birthday party, Atharva was less difficult around Aahana. Before he wouldn't acknowledge her presence but now he was always drawing her into conversations.

And the change was noticeable.

Aahana had never been this joyous, and she felt like she would burst with happiness whenever Atharva stole glances at her, thinking she was unaware of it. But she'd seen him look at her and then look away because she had been looking at him too.

They had become quite comfortable around each other's presence and had fallen into a routine.

In the morning, Aahana would make breakfast and they both would eat before driving to work in their respective cars. They'd sit there in silence or exchange a few words regarding work, then head home. Aahana would cook dinner or more so, Atharva would cook for both of them. Finally, they'd retired to their rooms.

She pictured the first time, just a few days ago. She'd walked into the kitchen and stood motionless in the doorway, apparently awestruck. He looks so hot, was the first thing that registered in her mind. He had changed from his work clothes into faded blue jeans and a black T-shirt, with a grey apron covering his lean frame. The words "King of the kitchen" were printed over it, which made Aahana laugh. But as she got closer, she realized he was indeed preparing dinner for them and not a single thing was out of place. He cooked like a pro, with precision and focus. She never imagined he could make noodles, let alone cook a full meal.

When she had voiced her thoughts, he was more than offended. He glared at her while she smiled teasingly and moaned as the mouth-watering food hit her taste buds.

That day she knew, he was a man with many talents.

"Aahana?"

Like always, a shiver ran down her spine as he called her with his deep, velvety voice.

"Hmm?" Aahana hummed while finishing the paperwork.

"Wanna go home?" he asked, his fingers tapping on the desk.

She finally looked up at him with a shocked expression morphed on her face. No matter how many days passed, she still wasn't used to this new version of her husband.

"Uh, sure," she mumbled, piling her files inside her bag and getting up.

He nodded at her, and they both strolled down to the parking lot. Aahana headed to her car but halted when Atharva told her to get into his Aston Martin DB9.

Stupefied, she hopped inside. 

"I'll cook today," Atharva announced, and without another word, he strode into his room.

Aahana blinked and nodded to no one, as she walked into her own, hurrying to the bathroom for a quick shower. In no time, she came out, dressed in a pair of black leggings and a red checkered top.