Chapter 56

"I had never wanted anyone but now that you have waltzed into my life, I cannot imagine myself without you."

Distressed, Aahana curled into the blanket and closed her eyes, hoping to get some sleep but her frequent visits to the restroom were not helping her case

It was six in the morning, and she only had a few minutes left before she would have to wake up.

She groaned into the pillow softly, her eyes landing on Atharva. He looked so peaceful and adorable in his sleep, she felt guilt seep into her. No matter how thoughtful and sweet he was, she easily got annoyed, and then emotional. She did apologise at the end of the day, but she knew it wouldn't make up for her behaviour. It had been three months and still, she didn't know what was wrong with her, which was concerning. Atharva had suggested seeing a Doctor but that didn't sit well with her. She didn't like hospitals, the thought of it itself made her anxious. One tour was enough after her car accident.

Atharva frowned a little in his sleep, and she realised she had been caressing his jaw unconsciously. Sighing, she let her hand fall to her side as she snuggled into his chest. Not seconds later, she felt him wrap his arms around her waist and plant a kiss on her hair.

She thought he was awake but when she peeked at his face, his eyes were closed and he was breathing evenly. She felt a smile form on her face and she finally closed her eyes, letting sleep take over.

She must have dozed off for ten minutes or so when she was awoken by the violent churning of her stomach. She felt a little sick and before she could comprehend anything, she was flinging out of Atharva's arms and dashing towards the bathroom. Her mouth opened instinctively and she puked her guts out. Breathing heavily, she stood there holding the edges of the washbasin for support when she felt another wave of nausea hit her. She gagged and coughed, her eyes clenching shut to not witness her helplessness.

A hand came to hold her hair back and her head snapped to the left to find Atharva with concern etched on his face. "You okay?" His voice sounded gruff and heavy.

She immediately felt bad for disturbing his sleep. Her lower lip quivered and tears brimmed in her eyes as she shook her head. "I'm fine." Opening the tap, she brushed her teeth and splashed cold water on her face, feeling the tears freely roll down her cheeks.

He grasped her arm and turned her around to face him. His eyes searched hers while he dabbed her face dry with the towel. "You should know better than to lie to me."

He lifted her in his arms and carried her towards the bed, gently placing her down on the mattress. She was quiet when he handed her a glass of water. She gulped the liquid down her throat and put it on the nightstand, her eyes glistening with unshed tears again. She tried to blink them away but the waterworks started for no apparent reason and she was sobbing uncontrollably.