Chapter 21

"You are the only ray of light in the midst of my darkness."

Atharva had become so numb after hearing Aahana’s words that, instead of going to the office, he went back to his room and locked himself inside

Then he did something he wasn't supposed to do.

He injured himself again.

He was so tired of women toying with his emotions, he couldn't take it anymore. He didn't know why she said those words. Did she really feel something for me? But how could she?

He slowly slashed his wrist with a blade and poked needles in his skin. Blood poured out and he sat there on the floor watching his left hand with a satisfied look.

He brought the blade to his right hand but the sound of a knock on his bedroom door halted his actions. Frowning, he waited for the person to go away but whoever was outside was as stubborn as him and kept banging loudly.

Aahana.

His eyes widened and he quickly threw away the blade and needles inside a box and slid it under his bed and bandaged his cuts before pulling a full-sleeved blue shirt over his head.

He swung the door open and sure enough there stood Aahana who was about to knock on his face but retracted her hand away, blushing slightly.

"Um...Sorry" She mumbled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"What do you want?" He snapped and leaned on the nearby wall.

"You," She blurted and blushed a deeper shade of red. "I mean to go to the nightclub with me."

"You and nightclub?" His eyebrows shot up in mild surprise. He never thought a miss goody-two-shoes would do clubs.

Aahana looked down at herself and back at him. "Why can't I go?"

That’s when he noticed her. Aahana was in a tight black halter dress that reached her mid-thigh and flaunted her long legs. She had done smokey eyes that enhanced her brown orbs and applied matte red lipstick. He gulped and looked away."Why do you expect me to go with you?"

"You have to." She told him sternly and walked past him into his room, settling on his king-size bed.

"What the- Get out of my room."

"I am your wife, Atharva." She smiled sweetly. "Now go change into something casual."

"I don't have anything casual. Now get out."