Chapter 38

"It's not a fairytale but it's our love story."

One week

One week. Three days.

That's how long Aahana had been bedridden.

She didn't find this entertaining at all. In fact, she wanted to get the hell away from his rules. True to Atharva's words, he made sure she did nothing but sleep like a baby and eat every goddamn hour to get all the essential nutrients, much to Aahana's dismay. He had taken his I'll take care of you statement way too seriously which agitated Aahana beyond words and she wished, she'd stayed in the hospital.

It was sweet of him, alright. She felt loved and valued but sometimes, sometimes she wanted him to stop and let her do whatever the heck she wanted. But with a fractured leg which was as good as nothing, she could understand his concern. After all, she wasn't able to do anything.

Might as well be paralysed, she thought sadly.

She knew she was a bother; trouble he didn't ask for. She could see it when he cancelled his meetings and stayed beside her 24/7. He treated her like a newborn baby and she liked the attention for a while but now? Not at all.

"Atharva," She yelled, her voice laced with boredom.

He rushed in, his eyes reflecting concern as he looked at her. "You okay?"

This is what Aahana didn't like. He worried too much. He cared too much. "No. I'm not okay."

"Huh? Does it hurt?" He asked her as he sat beside her on the bed, his fingers gently caressing her fractured leg through her cast.

"No. What I mean is I'm bored. Entertain me."

Atharva's eyebrows shot up questioningly. "And what do you want me to do?"

"Let me walk around? But first I want to shower."

Atharva nodded and scrunched his nose. "You should. Because you stink."

Aahana's mouth opened as her eyes narrowed at him. "Atharva!"

"Kidding!" He laughed. "On a serious note, you are on this damn bed for 3 days."

"And whose damn fault is that?"

"Not mine, of course. You did agree to do everything yourself when I suggested hiring a nurse."

"I thought I'll be fine by myself. But I need a shower desperately."

"I'll call the nurse and see if is she is available today."