Chapter 31

"With you, it's always forever in a timeless dream of heat & passion."

Goa was nothing like they'd expected, it was way more beautiful

Goa was nothing like they'd expected, it was way more beautiful. The warm summer breeze felt soothing as they walked hand in hand to the beach. The bustle of people was common to them yet they felt like experiencing something new. The people idly chatting or lying on the sand to kids making sandcastles swept a wave of euphoria over them.

A content sigh escaped Aahana's lips as she sat down on the sand and pulled Atharva beside her. "I am so happy." She admitted, her eyes twinkling with joy.

Atharva felt his heart swell seeing her bright smile and somehow she looked more beautiful to him with those loose strands of raven curls and face devoid of makeup. He touched her face gently and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "I am happy too." He breathed, looking into her brown orbs.

The next thing they knew, their little moment was over and they were staring at each other with sheer shock written all over their faces.

A flood of heat stained Atharva's cheeks and he quickly looked away. Aahana couldn't help but smile widely even though she was blushing profusely.

Well, now this had to be another awkward encounter between the two, the morning event being the first and most mortifying one.

The blinding daylight focused on Atharva and Aahana's face, making them twist and turn a little until they couldn't sleep anymore. Their eyes fluttered open and the first thing they saw was each other, close, very close, their face inches apart and her lips nearly brushing against his.

Horrified, they tried to jump apart but their arms and legs wouldn't let them. They were tangled in each other's embrace, not leaving any gap between them. They didn't know how they ended up in such a position but the pillows were magically on the floor and near their feet, and they looked sinfully intimate.

If anybody would have seen them, they'd have supposedly run away, feeling like being caught between some serious and sweet love-making.

After that, things were pretty awkward. Neither would he look at her nor would she meet his eyes. It was mostly in the afternoon, during lunch when the ice between them broke and everything went back to normal. They started to speak again about their likes and dislikes when suddenly Aahana suggested they go to the very famous Calangute Beach.

Atharva didn't make any sound of protest. He agreed to everything she did or said. He even went as far as to compliment her in her floral dress.

Atharva cleared his throat and stared ahead. "I think we should visit the Maruti temple."

Aahana couldn't contain her excitement as she vigorously nodded. "Oh my god. Yes, let's go."

Getting in the car they'd hired, the reached the temple and wear beyond amazed at its architecture. Surely they knew it was beautiful, but seeing it in front of their eyes, was something else. It couldn't be described in words, that eye-catching and attractive the building was in bright orange.

Then they went to the Reis Magos Fort, another famous and most visited place in Panjim. It was relatively smaller but the view was spectacular.

This went on for a few more hours with them having covered as many places as they could before night approached.

Aahana and Atharva hadn't failed to capture these moments in the camera. They had made sure to take several selfies too, making strange and adorable faces.

Goa was a trip of a lifetime for them. One thing they knew was when they'd leave Goa, they'd leave a part of them here and indeed would take a part of it along with them. The memories made here, between Atharva and Aahana would always be unforgettable because this place had bridged the gap they had since their marriage.

In the end, they decided to call it a day and head for dinner at a local diner. It was warm and cozy, just the right place.

Soon the dinner was served and they quickly finished it before heading to their hotel room. Tiredness was already weighing on them and now all they wanted was to get a good night's sleep.

******

When morning arrived, Atharva found himself alone in the bed. He immediately stood up and looked around, but she wasn't there.

Panicked, he rushed outside to be met with a view that made his heart hammer in his chest.

There she was.

Aahana.

A bright red dress adorned her body, hugging her curves at all the right places. It wasn't long nor very short, just enough to show her long creamy legs. Her raven hair swished in the air gracefully as she ran after a puppy, feeling the warm sand beneath her feet.

Hearing the pad, pad, pad of someone walking behind her she turned around only to feel her eyes widen at the sight of ever handsome Atharva.

"I-I love you, Aahana. I guess I've been in love with you all this time," he said, breathless.

Aahana shook her head and gave a teary smile. "I'm so sorry, Atharva b-but it's too...late. I- I can't."

And suddenly she distorted and disappeared into the air.

Atharva woke up with a jolt, beads of perspiration covering his face. He rubbed his face with his palm and turned to his right to find Aahana soundly asleep.

Just a dream, he realized and breathed in relief.

He felt the uncalled shock and surprise dawn on him and two things were very clear right then. One, Aahana was precious, one in a million and if he lost her, he'd die. Two, he loved Aahana, more than he could imagine.

A chill ran down his spine and his stomach churned. He couldn't let this happen. He had to stay far away from her. But could he really?

Not this time, he thought. Aahana wasn't just any woman, she was his all-time pillar and hope. She was a magnet, always drawing him to her. Her every gesture and action was pure and innocent.

His jaw clenched and eyes shut tightly as a frenzied cry escaped his lips. He didn't know when this happened but he realized all this time the feelings he felt deep within him, which he assumed to be bullshit and false, was nothing but love.

His first love.

He clutched his chest and rubbed at the spot as if he was in pain. His breathing turned ragged and he was suddenly hyperventilating. Fear gripped him as he looked around for his medicine. It was on the table next to the bed with a jug of water.

Relief washed over him when he calmed down completely. Pushing away the hindrance in the form of pillows, Atharva tugged Aahana closer to him and placed a light kiss on her forehead. A small smile played on his lips as he snuggled into her hair and lowly murmured, "You said you'd give me forever."

A/N
I've never been to Goa. So, I really have no idea about the places there. I have taken some reference from google but that will be all. The description is purely a fragment of my imagination, so I hope you can forgive me in case of any error.

Please don't forget to vote & comment.