Chapter 39

"I'll love you enough for you to give your all to me."

Aahana's injuries had played cupid, which though painful, was a blessing

Aahana's injuries had played cupid, which though painful, was a blessing. Of course, they weren't the perfect husband and wife. They had boundaries of their own but they were comfortable with each other which was enough, for now.

For the past few weeks, they'd been attached to each other like flesh and bone. And though Atharva never confessed his love to her, his actions showed what he felt. And she was indeed falling for him more and more every second of their time spent together.

He was really different. His exterior toughness was just a cover-up to cocoon the real him from the world. Avoid and ignore was his defence mechanism which he'd learnt over the years from his experiences.

The world saw him as a cold man who didn't give a fUck. He never smiled and he never got close. He didn't play with girls and he didn't do clubs. Friends and family were a lost cause because all they knew was the billionaire mogul, Atharva Saxena, not him.

But Aahana, she wasn't just anyone. She was able to go beyond his walls and see right through his soul. And now that she knew his past so well, she could read every inch of his thoughts and expression without him having to utter a word. And why did he even need to speak when his eyes were the avalanche of emotions which reflected in Aahana's, and she could feel him like her own feelings swirling within her.

She saw him smile umpteenth time now and it made her insides melt like chocolate. She could never stop herself from smiling back. The corners of his eyes would crinkle and the twinkle in his eyes always managed to show her stars in the daylight. His right cheek formed a hollow, and that dimple made him look even more boyish and young. Talking about his laughs, it never failed to amaze her. That deep, husky sound filled her senses and her heart would start doing somersaults. Always.

He was a real charmer, effortless that too. His handsomeness was beyond any man and woman.

"You are staring at me again."

Aahana blinked with a shocked expression and chuckled nervously. "Oh please, how do you know?"

Atharva turned off the stove before turning in her direction.

"It's too intense to not feel the burn of your gaze digging holes into the back of my head," he stated with a smirk as he approached her.

Aahana rolled her eyes. "Don't give yourself too much credit. You are not very good-looking anyway."

"Eh?" He arched a brow and damn, did he look sexy in his gray trousers and white shirt. She could literally see the contours of his body through the thin material of the shirt and despite the scars on him, he was sinfully gorgeous.

"Yup, I was uh...thinking."

"If you say so."

"Seriously, I was thinking about my fracture. My leg feels fine. Maybe we could take the cast off?"