Chapter 1 - Taken

Hey!:D Just a quick heads up, if you're looking for mainly fluff, skip ahead to Chapter 6 - Burned and Chapter 7 - Stargazing.

5 years ago, a terrible and irreversible curse was released upon the city of New York. Your father, Dr. (L/N), had been killed by one of the terrible mutants 11 months ago. You, young Dr. (Y/L/N), were one of the fortunate few to survive the attack, and every day since you have been working on a cure for the mutagen that has infected thousands of people.

"28."

"51."

"...109?"

"211?!"

You sighed as you pushed your glasses to the top of your head and leaned away from the microscope. This wasn't adding up. The mutagen sample cells you had collected were multiplying fasting than you could keep track off, even without stimulation. There had to be a way to stop it.

You quickly flipped through your notebook, running over your tried and failed retromutagen formulas. You blinked, the words fading in and out of sight. Your (e/c) eyes were having trouble focusing due to the lack of sleep. In fact, how long had it been since your last rest?...20 hours? No, that was to eat...23 then? However long it was, it didn't matter. None of your solutions had worked yet, meaning that you were still failing. But what could possibly be the cure!? You had tested everything from a cow's tongue to cobalt with a dash of sulfuric acid. Nothing was making sense!

"Agh!" You sighed in frustration, slamming your notebook closed. You bit on your pencil and collapsed in your chair. You were so close, you could almost taste it.

A crash from the room next door caught your attention as you stood up.

Great, you thought, another one of James' failed experiments.

You made your way to the door, trying to see what all of the hubaloo was about. Before you could reach it, however, a series of men covered in black crashed through your window.

You're eyes widened as you scrabbled for the phone in your pocket, but you froze as you saw a weird catlike creature walked up to you.

"Dr. (Y/L/N), you're coming with us."

You back into a corner, glaring at him.

"What in the name of Galileo is going on?" You cried.

The feline mutant chuckled darkly, "Trust me, you know why we're here."

You quickly dived between its legs and underneath the table besides you, hoping it would provide some shelter. Unfortunately, this was not the case. The table was quickly flipped over by one of the men in black, leaving you vulnerable and at the mercy of your attackers.

Your eyes widened as the feline towering over you smirked.

"Sweet dreams, doc."

And with a swift kick to the head, you were out cold.

"Guuuyyyyyyzzzzz, slow down!"

Leo sighed, putting a palm to his forehead. "Mikey, what do you not understand about STEALTH MODE!?"

Mikey crossed his arms, "More than you, apparently."