The After Party

Chapter 2

When they got back to the loft, no one was home. Kate walked in first while Rick shut the door behind him.

Rick grabbed Kate's hips and kissed her neck. Kate turned around to face him in between kisses. Rick pulled off Kate's leather jacket and threw it on the floor while Kate took off his.

She wrapped her arms and legs around him. He carried her into the bedroom and laid her gently down on the bed.

She kissed him as she unbuttoned his shirt. Their clothes were all over the floor in minutes.

Two hours later they heard the doorbell ring. 'Crap' they thought. Kate threw on her robe and went to go answer the door. It was Martha.

"Sorry dear I forgot my key. Oh it looks like you have been busy" Marta said as she walked through the door.

Kate blushed. She felt a little embarrassed that her soon to be mother-in-law always walked in on her and Rick. She thought she would be able to get used to it. She was wrong. Nothing about someone walking in on you is pleasant.

Kate came back into the bedroom when Martha went upstairs to her room. "We need to leave your mother a key somewhere. I'm tired of always having to open the door with my robe on. Why cannot you ever open the door?" She complained to Rick.

She laid down on the bed next to him and snuggled with him. His scent gave her chills up her spin.

He put his hand over her stomach. He was amazed at how the two of them were going to be parents. Rick never was able to help Meredith during her pregnancy. She hated being pregnant.

"Rick do you wanna know the sex of the baby?" She asked

"It doesn't matter to me. Do you?" He asked.

"No. I want it to be a surprise but then I won't know what to paint the nursery. You are clearing out the guest bedroom right?" She asked.

"Yeah of course. I'll do it this weekend. I'll ask one of the boys to help me." He reassured her.

Later that day, Rick called Ryan and Esposito to make sure they could help him this weekend. The boys still didn't know about the baby or their engagement.