Interrogation

Chapter 16

Rick called Ryan and Esposito informing them that he was on his way to the precinct. All three men raced to the precinct hoping they had enough time to find their friend.

Esposito got there first and informed Gates about Kate's kidnapping as he rode the elevator up to the 17th floor. Ryan wasn't close behind with his siren on but Castle was stuck in traffic.

As Rick impatiently sat in traffic, he watched the video on the camera again.

Nothing.

He sat in traffic for ten minutes until he finally got out of the taxi and ran to the precinct. He didn't care how far it was, he just had to get there to save Kate.

His feet ached and he definitely pulled something in his leg but Rick made it to the precinct.

The boys greeted him at the elevator door with coffee and a surveillance photo.

Rick knew who the person was in the photo.

~Back to Kate~

Bracken kept asking about the tape. Kate denied it every time but each "no" earned her a new bruise.

After what seemed like the beating would never end, Bracken raised his hand, telling the man to stop.

"Detective, I'm going to give you 36 hours with no food or water. If you have to go to the bathroom, oh well. If this doesn't change your mind about telling me about the tape then I'll just have to kill you like I killed the bitch lawyer you called mom." Bracken threatened her.

Kate gritted her teeth at Bracken's insult knowing if she said anything she would get slapped, punched, or kicked again.

Bracken left the room along with his men. Kate was left alone.

The cold, hard cement was now covered in tears and blood.

Kate's cut on her lip and nose wouldn't stop bleeding.

She knew she had to have a few broken ribs and maybe her wrist too.

Two hours later and no sign of Rick, Espo, or anyone who might try to save her.

Kate was running out of time and hope fast.