Their Second Announcement

Chapter 4

"His name is... David Nolan. He lives in Brooklyn with his fiancé, Katherine." Esposito informed them. "Alright, Espo call in his fiancé?" Kate asked. "You got it." he replied.

Castle grabbed Kate's hand seeing she was a little frazzled. "You alright?" He asked concerned.

"I am now." She said and kissed his cheek before getting up to go to the break room.

Kate of course could not have caffeine so she grabbed her smoothie Rick made for her before she left for work. It was a fruit smoothie. Not what she really wanted but it would have to do.

"Hey Kate the boys are still coming over for dinner tonight right?" Rick asked.

"Yes why?" she asked.

"Well I wanted to know what you wanted for dinner. What do you want? I'll make whatever you are craving." He promised her.

"How about your pasta you made for me and Alexis a few months ago and garlic bread?" she suggested.

"Done" he said.

The rest of the day was slow. They had no leads after the fiancé went home. She was devastated. Kate had a hard time holding herself together in front of her.

They got home at around 4:45 to start to make dinner. Rick had gotten Kate a present earlier that day when he went out to get lunch for the team. He was going to give it to her at dinner.

Dinner was almost ready and everyone was there, Alexis, Martha, Espo, Ryan, Jenny, and Laine. They were mingling with each other. All of them were unsure as to why they were all called there for the same night. They were all gathered around the dining room table.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Kate and I have an announcement to make." Rick stated.

Kate got up from her chair. "Not only are we engaged, but... we are having a baby." Kate said.

Everyone was happy and congratulated the happy parents-to-be. Everyone except Alexis. She sat down on the couch while everyone crowded around Rick and Kate.

Kate walked over to Alexis on the couch. "Alexis, are you ok?" Kate asked.