Nightmares

Chapter 13

Kate noticed a man walk over next to the other man. They whispered to each other before the first man left the room. He didn't say a word he just walked in and out.

"Boss says you are going to a different room with him." The man said.

He motioned to his two men to move Kate.

They unbuckled the buckles and put a black bag over her head. They dragged her to the room down the hall and handcuffed Kate to a pole against the wall.

The men shut the door and left her in the cold dark room by herself.

There was only one heavy metal door.

Kate's only exit.

There were no windows, only a small dim lightbulb to light up the entire room. Kate could make out a desk on the other side of the room through the darkness.

Kate could hear footsteps outside the door. She turned to see her worst enemy, her nightmare, her sadness, and her frustration. Her face turned from concerned to serious and deadly.

~At the Precinct~

Esposito and Rick drove to the Precinct. They didn't know what they were going to do but they had to try and do something.

"Can we get the FBI involved?" Rick asked Esposito

"No, Kate would have had to have been missing for over 48 hours for them to even look at the case." Esposito said disappointed.

"Have you told Gates? Can she do anything to find Kate faster?" Rick asked again.

"I don't know Castle. I know you are missing your fiancé but we are also missing a best friend. She is like our little sister. I have known her for a long time now. If something happens to her I would probably blame myself and I know you would do the same so please Castle we are doing the best we can with what little we have." Esposito said.

Rick knew he was right. He was being selfish only thinking about himself if something happened to Kate. Rick wasn't the only family she had. She still had her dad and her best friends to worry about.

He had to pull himself together for Kate. He knew she wouldn't be crying for him. She would do anything in her power to find him.

He had to do the same.