Chapter 3

Roses pov

*the next morning*

My temperature was at rocket high. I was swimming in a pool of my own sweat. My stomach twisted and turned. Like someone twisting a cloth to get the water out of. I didn't get any sleep last night. And I haven't ever since the Titanic sank and I lost Jack.

I then started to cough making everyone wake up and stare at me. But then I vomited. Catilen, Heidi and Cathleen quickly jumped out of their beds and quickly to my rescue. Heidi raced into the kitchen to get a bowl while the other two were right beside me.

"Here Rose", Cathleen said as she handed the bowl to me to throw up in. I then leaned on her shoulder since my body was super tired and hot and sweaty. She then felt my forehead

"Rose you're burning up. You're basically swimming in your own sweat", she commented on

"We need to get her to the bathroom", Caitlin said, "Heidi go and ring Mr Brighton", she ordered, "tell him that Rose is incredibly sick. With a high fever, vomiting and sweating", she yelled to Heidi who was in the other room on the phone calling our boss that I couldn't make it in today.

"No ", I said disagreeing that I couldn't go to work today.

"Rose, you are very unwell. It looks like you are staying here for a number of days"

"No!", I cried, "I can't! I need the money", I then drove straight into the bowl coughing all of my pizza up.

"Well no wonder why she didn't eat pizza before", Heidi said re-entering the room with her wit and charm after her phone call with our boss.

"Well what did he say?", Caitlin asked politely

"He said that's fine and he hopes that Rose will get better soon. He also said that we should go as soon as Rose is alright. And I also rang a doctor to come round, to come and check up on Rose while I was on the phone.

"Well I'm fine. Really" I said before I was back into the bowl and trying to breathe and get energy. Catilen and Cathleen just gave me a pat on the back.

"Thank you Heidi", Cathleen spoke

"Ok. I'm going to get a cold towel for Rose to put on her forehead", Heidi said as she wondered back into the kitchen.

"Alright Rose just lay down", Caitlin said as I lowered my back down to my bed and put my head on my pillow. As Heidi rushed back in with a cold damp cloth.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh", I said as it sent a shiver down my spine telling all my muscles to relax. All I need to do now is just relax, and focus on my breathing. Just in, and out. Just in, and out. Until I went straight back to my dog bowl again.

That was when the doctor came. He walked in all cheery, all set and ready to treat another patient. While I was as weak and white as a ghost.

"Now ladies could you give me some room here to examine my patient?", he asked. Asking Cathleen to leave her spot while Caitlin stayed and moved closer to my head. ", I just kept on coughing. "Now miss?"

"Dawson. Rose Dawson", Cathleen filled in her in. As I slowly lowered back down to my bed after my coughing fit. While Caitlin moved to make room for my head to come down. The doctor then grabbed our his tools and then felt my heart beat.

"Girls. I think it is best that you leave", he said packing his tools away. They then just nodded and walked out into the kitchen. I then started to cough and vomit again. "There there", he said comforting me. "Have you. Have you gotten any sleep Rose?" He asked me and I went back down to my pillow I just shook my head

"No", I replied. Shaking my head. I am so tired

"Ahmmm"

"I haven't... I haven't gotten any sleep since the Titanic sank", I then started to cry.

"Well. That is. That is usual. Many can't either. You're not the only one Rose. I guess this also explains your hypothermia then"

"Jack", I cried softly, "Jack". Then I started to full on cry. I then sat up and cried on the doctor shoulder. All I ask for is someone to hold me in their arms.

"Listen Rose. I want you to come to my surgery sometime tomorrow. Where we can get you help. We can give you a few pills to take before bed for you to get some sleep.", I just nodded whiling away my tears from eyes, "I would also like to do a few tests on you as well if that is alright as well", I just kept nodding, "Rose it is vital that you must come", I then looked into the doctors watery grey eyes

"Yes. Yes I will. I'll go", I replied

"Good. But for now I strictly instruct you to bed rest", he said tucking me in, "And also try and get some sleep and fluids into your body if you can", I just nodded at his instructions, "and that means no alcohol what so ever. No matter what Heidi and the other girls say. Alcohol is not good for you. Especially if you are sick or dehydrated. It's not medicine."

"Well I had a few last night. But I don't think alcohol and large amounts of pizza go very well together", I say rubbing stomach trying calm it down. He then nodded and walked out.

I was all by myself. I could hear the doctor talking to the other girls about me. Oh I pray to god he didn't tell them about Titanic. I then started to zone out. I slowly put my wearily head on my pillow and I finally fell asleep.