Chapter 13

*2 months later*

Cals Pov

My 4 month sentence was up that Cathleen, Rose and their girlfriends set me up on. I walked out of prison where Lovejoy met me at the gate .

"So I see that they took care of you", we walked on chatting

"No thanks to you at least. But how's the business going? What's been happening? I've been absent for 4 months and I want to know what my father has been up to"

"Well the business is still thriving. That's all I can say", Lovejoy responded.

"And how about the girls huh? Rose is currently around her due date is she not?", Lovejoy didn't respond but gave a hard stare at the ground.

"She is. And the girls are excited about it", I then give a nod to his response.

"And what about Cathleen? Has she chucked any other men in jail?", I joked

"She has a man yes. From the recent rumours I've heard, I've heard they are engaged"

"What? To who?!"

"A man named Christopher. He works as a taper down at the bar where you were arrested and she was taken to. I suppose they met there", I then exhaled and tried to process all the information. All of these girls were slipping right through my fingers.

"Mr Hockley", Lovejoy opened the car door for me. I then sat down while he drove.

"Lovejoy? Do you think I still have a chance with Cathleen or Rose? Or any women really?", I asked my body guard that has looked after me as a child.

"Well they never said no did they. Only why they hated you and ran off", I sat back and absorbed the information. He was right. Plus no one rejects a Hockly or his money. And who does is a fool who needs to learn a lesson. I always win. One way or another.