Chapter 21

Roses Pov

Throughout the night Josephine kept me awake. She didn't sleep at all. I swear it was what Mrs Jasmine said that upset her. But after tireless hours battling her she was sound asleep in my arms at the breakfast table. With me on the brink of passing out.

Mother packed my schedule tight so I couldn't see Josephine. But I took her everywhere I went. She is only upstairs from me in her cot that is less then a minute walk from anywhere downstairs in the house. But after last night, today I need to get a well reserved rest.

"Rose you better be ready up there?!", mother called up to check on me down stairs. I put my second layer of dress on before looking at Josephine squirming on my bed. She then looked like she has about to cry. I then scooped her up from bed and tried to calm her down.

"Shhhhhh come here", I sat on the pillows on my bed and placed her in my chest, "shhhhhhhhhh", I stroked her soft head. I then moved myself down more so my head was in the pillows, "aren't you the most precious beautiful thing that anyone has given me", I looked down at her in her face with her hand in her mouth. I then wrapped her up and moved her off my chest to right beside my head where I cuddled her until I fell asleep.

Cals Pov

"It's been 10 minutes Cal. I wonder what's she's up to in there with that child", Ruth said getting angry that Rose was wasting time. I then went up to see what's going on.

I opened the door only to find Rose sound asleep cuddling Josephine. This is the most cutest sight I've ever seen. Lovejoy then came in.

"What's she..-", he then stood in the doorway and saw what I saw, "should we wake her up?", he asked. Ruth then barged in.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!", she barked.

"Shhhhhhhh", me and Lovejoy told her to be quiet. She then looked and saw Rose on the bed.

"Wake Rose up but not the child!", she demanded Lovejoy. He then just looked at me.

"Come along Ruth", I walked out the door. She just looked at me.

"I'm not leaving without Rose", she stood firm.

"Listen Ruth. Rose is tired and warn out, especially after last night. She deserves to rest and I'm not going to disturb her. Give her a break Ruth, she's done enough already. She can easily miss out on this party. There will be others. Come on", I then dragged her out of the room so Josephine and Rose could both sleep in peace and quiet. Ruth then got into the car, "Lovejoy I want you to stay behind and look after Rose and the baby. Can you do that?", he nodded, "good", I then hopped into the car which took us to our party while Spicer went back inside and watched over Rose and her baby.

Roses Pov

I awoke to Josephine squirming in my arms awake making her baby noises. I then looked around and saw my room in a mess. Oh shit the party! I checked the time and it was 8:45 the party started almost three hours ago. I'm also starving from having no dinner.

"Want to accompany me to the kitchen Josie?", I asked her as she continued to baby talk. I then went down stairs and raided the ice cream tub, "you know Joe? Ice cream may be high in fat and calcium but it sure is affective and fulfilling. When mommy was pregnant with you I always ate ice cream and yogurt. It drove all the girls mad that they couldn't have it for breakfast and supper", I laughed as I rocked her in her manger next to me.

"Is that so?", Lovejoy leant against the doorframe, "you must make quite a roommate. Plus with her bunging on in the night", I then just sat there and stared off into the distance while he kept circling and talking to me, "you thought you could use Jack to get your own freedom",he laughed, "I guess he was part 1 of your plan", he stroked Josephine face, "but that didn't work out so now you on to part 2", I then just looked at him while he walked out behind me.