Chapter 32

Roses Pov

Tonight was plagued by storms. Lightening lit up the sky and the thunder never made it quiet. The rain poured and Josephine was awake unable to get to sleep. She cried and cried for it all to stop. So I held her in my arms in my room and started singing to her.

"Come Josephine in my flying machine going up she goes. Up she goes", a thunder bolt sounded, "balance yourself like a bird on a beam", but it intensified and so did her crying. "In the air she goes. There she goes. Up up a little bit higher", I continued to sing to her, "oh my! The moon is on fire. Come Josephine in my flying machine going up all on goodbye", I sung quieter to her as I looked out of the window to a figure with a white shirt. Jack.

I immediately put Josephine down in the drawer and ran to him. I slipped down the bottom of the green now brown, muddy hill. The wind and the rain kept pushing me back. But I kept charging on to him. "JACK!", I called to him, "JACK!", wrapped my arms around him beginning to sob. "Oh Jack oh Jack oh Jack oh Jack", I gripped onto him tightly. He then placed his hands on my back and held me by my head.

"Shhhhhhh", his voice hushed, "you're alright Rose", he stroked my hair, "you're alright", I then pulled apart to see his face. His glistening blue eyes, his long gorgeous blonde hair. His button nose and tanned skin. We both just stood and stared. Nothing between us had changed. Neither had the desire for each other. We immediately passionately kissed. My fingers entwined in his hair as he did the same. And our hands gave each other back rubs, "Oh Jack", he moved off my face and elsewhere on my body.

"I've longed for you for so long Rose", his kisses ran all down my neck.

"I've..I've missed you", we kissed again, "oh Jack", he just held me. All clean fresh and dry. While the rain clinged onto me. Rolling down off my body.

"Come Josephine on my flying machine going up she goes. Up she goes", Jack started to sing to me.

"In the air she goes. There she goes!", we sung together, "up up a little bit higher. Oh my! The moon is on fire. Come Josephine in my flying machine going up all on goodbye"

"Oh Jack I've missed singing that with you", he just smiled at me, "I can't believe I'm here really. Living and sleeping in your own bed. Standing on your own house that you grew up in", I got excited about seeing him again.

"Rose. I'm not stupid. Your hurt. I know. I know what I did to you and Josie. I know that you are in pain cause of me"

"No. Stop Jack. Stop right now!", I stepped back away from his touch. My head couldn't take what he is saying. What is he saying?

"Come on Rose. Don't be rash", he tried to touch me.

"Jack! Just don't touch me ok! I need. I need to think", I wanted him to stay away.

"I'm.. Im sorry", he put his hands in his pockets and waited nervously. He didn't even look at me, just at the ground. He wanted this reunion to be perfect like it was when Josephine was born. He knows that I'm hurt and he wants to make everything right. That's why he came back tonight. But I've screwed up.

"Jack I'm sorry", I stood in the cold pouring rain looking at him kicking around the rocks at his feet, "I know how much it feels..-", I squeezed the sides of his arms.

"No Rose don't! Just don't alright!", he walked away from me looking up at the dark purple sky that was like a fantastic painting that he could draw. "You have no idea the amount of lost I've encountered. You, Josie, my parents, my family and friends. So don't you ever look back at what you could of done, alright? Cause then you will only blame yourself and beat yourself up because of it. And we don't want that now will we?", his hand cupped my face, "I'm sorry Rose alright. I'm sorry", he looked straight into my eyes. When mine started to well in tears, "come here", he said as thunder sounded and lightening striked. "There's nothing you could of done to save me. So just forget about it. You have Josie now. You don't need me"