Chapter 8

Caitlin's Pov

We are all very excited about Cathleen going on a date. So that's why we tried not to make a big fuss over it. Me an Rose sat at kitchen table reading a newspaper and magazines, while Heidi was assisting Cathleen of what to wear.

Rose then went over to the counter to brew her tea. Then I heard a knock on the door. He was here.

Roses Pov

I stirred the hot water round and kept continuously dipping my tea bag in. Caitlin got up and politely fetched the door. I listened closely. And I knew who it was. It was Cal.

I then gracefully slipped into the bedroom and shut the door when he entered. I then lent against the wall and tried to gather my thoughts together as well as breathe.

"Rose what's wrong?", Heidi asked me, "na na..nothing", I lied. I feel completely vulnerable, helpless and pretty shit right now. What if he likes her? What if they want to go out again? Is he completely over me? Does he want me back? What will he say to me when he see's what position and condition I am in? What will I do then? "He's arrived", I announced to her being calm about it.

"Cathy!", Heidi yelled and summoned her to come out. She was wearing a lovely white cotton dress. It looked stunning on her. The way it flows down her body and sets. The way it blended into her creamy white skin, her blonde wavy beach hair and her blue baby eyes. I know Cal will never let go of her. He would if the have nothing in common or she is boring. But one thing for sure is that she has the looks.

"What do you think Rose?", Heidi asked for my opinion, "do you like the new Cathleen?"

"You look absolutely stunning Cathy. I'm sure he'll love you", not if I'm here.

"Cathy!", Caitlin called from the kitchen.

"Well I'm going to the loo. Excuse me", I then pushed past them both and made it do the door again when Caitlin opened the door to the bedroom. I then locked the bathroom door and waited.

"Here she is", Caitlin said excitedly.

"You look absolutely stunning", he commented Cathleen. I rolled my eyes. Of course she is. "Well we better head off then", of course he wants to leave so soon. He hates where we live and how we live. I bet ya he has never seen a house or flat this small in his entire life. He always grew up in a big fancy mansion with people to do stuff for him. Not here.

"Oh you can't go just yet", CAITLIN!," you haven't met Rose yet", Fml, "speaking of Rose. Where is she anyway?", Caitlin asked.

"She's in the bathroom", Heidi replied. And thank god I am. If I was out there it would be just plain awkward and someone could get killed.

"Well ok then. Perhaps some other time then", Caitlin said excitedly thinking of the possibly that we all could be great friends. And then Cal can hook us up with rich suitors.

"Some other time then", Cal repeated. Then I heard then move all outside. A massive relief circulated throughout my whole body. But all no. This is only the beginning. And their is still so much more to come. And for me to do.

I then flushed the toilet on purpose to make it look like I actually went. I then unlocked the door and walked out to kitchen.

"You missed him you know", Caitlin started the conversation with me.

"Mmmmm hu", I mumbled getting back to my tea that was now cold.

"He was really lovely handsome man Rose. You should of seen him to believe it", oh yeah. I believe that alright. I then poured the boiling hot water into my new tea cup. I then dipped my bag in and walked over to the table. Heidi and Caitlin just looked at me.

"His name is Calendon Hockley", Heidi said walking over from the corner to take a seat next to me. I tired not to look at her. So I slowly sipped me tea instead. I then waited patiently at the table while Caitlin and Heidi prepared dinner for the three of us.  We then all sat down and ate our bread and fruit.

"I can't do this", I can't hold it in for that much longer. I then got up and tried to breathe and calm down with my backs to them.

"Can't do what Rose?", Heidi fired at me.

"Rose what's wrong?", got shot twice. I then tried to find my words.

"It's just.. Cal", I started with. They both just looked at me like I was dumb, "you know my whole story of me on Titanic right?"

"Yeah", they nodded in response to my question. Just take breaths Rose. Deep breaths.

"He's my ex-fiancée. That's Cal. And he just walked out the door with Cathleen on a date", their faces were frozen. But I am furious. My hormones are pumping around my body wanting to get this anger about Cal and who he really is out there. And not on paper. Him walking out that door with Cathleen was the final straw. And now I have to get rid of that. "I don't know if he knows I'm here and this is a way of getting me back, or that he likes her. I'm mean what's not to like about Cathleen. She's young, she's pretty, has a good sense of humour and she's loyal. She has amazing qualities a guy like Cal would love. And I mean it. And I know that. It's just..", come on Rose you can do it. Tell them what he did to you, "he tried to kill me", then their mouths dropped wide open like a wild bear trying to scoff a whole fish down its throat. "ITS TRUE! He also slapped a numerous amount of times. He flipped a table on me in anger. It's just.. ARH! I don't want her to get hurt like I did. I'm only lucky I'm here and survived that because of Jack. He pulled me back away from it showed me what love is really about and like. He also warned me about it and what would or could happen, if I didn't break free from his clutches. It's just that in this moment I don't know what to do", tears then started to well my eyes. Last time Cal was around was when I was with Jack. And he saved me. But now it looks like I'm going to have to save myself.

"Oh Rose", the girls the comforted me.

"It's alright. You've done so incredibly well. And you've come this far right?", Heidi tried to comfort me with, "you have tried so hard to change your life around and I don't know how you're actually doing it", I chuckled, "no Rose I'm serious. This guy has done so much to hurt you and you were incredibly lucky that Jack was there. And I understand why you ran to the bathroom and ducked out of the kitchen just before he walked in the door. But we're going to get through this. Cause their are three lives at stake here. Yours, Cathleen's and the babys. And we don't want any of you to get hurt by this rich man whore", now that made me laugh, "we are going to get through this Rose. We are going to tell Cathleen to break up with him one way or another. And once that's done. Hopefully he'll never walk into our lives, yours or the baby's. This is just big step to put the past behind you Rose. And I know how hard you've been trying lately. And now this is your chance. Seize it Rose. Cause I know you have the strength to do this. This is for the future of you an Jacks child Rose", and with that speech from Heidi I am ready to take down Cal. I am ready to put up a fight to have him out of my life and my child's.

Caitlin's Pov

An hour or two passed and Cathleen was returned to us in perfect health and condition. She seemed really happy, pleased, and impressed by Cal. But we all know what a monster he is.

We sat at the kitchen table casually when she walked in the door. She then took a seat and we told her everything.