Chapter 30

Caitlin's  Pov

We looked at four or five houses for me, Rose and Josie to live in. We went all across town looking at properties. Then we pulled up at our last stop. It was the last house on the end of the main street. Surrounded by fresh grass and a valley for Josie to play in. It was an old run down house that is still clinging on for its life like its paint job. It had a decked veranda and is double stories. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, but also a small toilet downstairs (one small bedroom downstairs with a toilet and sink in the staircase. The other 2 bedrooms and bathrooms are upstairs.) It is the perfect size. And is in our affordable housing bracket.

"What do you think Rose?!", I asked her as she stared off into the distance.

"I like it. It's perfect for me and Josie", she smiled before looking down at her snoozing in her arms.

"We'll take it", I told the real estate agent that the women at the inn drove us to.

Within the next few days we moved into our house. It has some repairs that need doing, but once we get a job and get money we can deal with it. It's no big deal right now.

Roses Pov

I sat outside on the patio cradling Josephine in my arms. Listening and enjoying the sounds of nature. The breeze that would of ran through Jacks blonde hair. How it lightened and darkened it. How he got tanned. I keep thinking of all these traits and personalities Josie might have of him. Hoping that she will be like him and not me.

I continued to stare down the hill and into the valley. But my eyes couldn't move off what was in the middle. It is a massive slab of cement. Foundation more like.

"Miss are you alright?", the real estate women asked me.

"Yes I'm fine. But what's that down there?", I pointed to the cement in the middle.

"Oh that's just some concrete slab that survived a fire years ago. It's been there ever since that night. Quite a tragic story really. Well I'm off. Congratulations", she shook me and Caitlin's  hands before her car sped off.

"Our bags will be dropped over at three. As much as all of our furniture we have. So perhaps we could go into town and have some lunch and go shopping for ourselves and the new house"

"Sure. It buys us time better then sitting and waiting two hours! For our stuff to arrive", me and Caitlin then walked and talked down the road.

Caitlin's Pov

*at night*

The fire sizzled and crackled, spreading warmth into our new home. Rose sat and breastfed Josephine while I sowed my dress together.

Our stuff had been delivered and we bought some new furniture. Most things were packed in boxes and were sitting in our living room looking at us. I grew tired of it and went off to bed.

I went upstairs and turned left and walked straight down the hallway to my room on the right. I had my own bathroom directly across from me. And Rose had hers next to her. (She was in the room beside me). None of my boxes has been unpacked besides some of my clothes that I'm choosing to wear tomorrow. My bed was something that we inherited from the house (as they all were) as well as the chairs,lounges and the kitchen table. It's perfect here.

Roses Pov

Catlin went off to bed while I stayed listening to the noises of the fire that burned. Josephine was warm and fast asleep in my arms. I continued to stare at the fire wondering what could of happened to that poor family and home. Someone was bound to have seen or know the answer to it. I looked at the clock and it read 12. Time for me to get some sleep.

I quietly and slowly creeped up the stairs not to disturb Josephine. I then did the same in my room and placed her in the draw next to me. "Goodnight darling", I kissed her mini forehead as she squirmed in her blankets. I then looked out of my window where Josephine was placed under. It overlooked the valley and in the centre frame had the concrete foundations of the house that had burnt down. I then slowly slipped into my king single bed I was given. And fell asleep beside my daughter in our new house.