Chapter 23

Roses pov

"Wake up you filthy slut", Cal woke me up from slapping me in the face, "put this on", he chucked a dress upon me, "go and get changed Rose", he smiled in front of me, "GO AND GET CHANGED NOW", he kicked the bed in a fit. I then immediately went into the bathroom and got changed. I then walked out. He took another puff of his cigarette and looked at me, "you.. you look stunning", he then immediately dug his fingers into my arm and dragged me out of my room.

"Ok you will listen to me now Rose", he pressed me upon a wall, "tonight you will go down the stairs and act like a lady and my wife. You will not speak of the sewage rats that you met and created. You will not! Disrespect me in any way shape or form. Is that in any way unclear? Good", he then got off me, "we are now preparing. And since your tea party yesterday was disastrous along with your manners. Your mother will give you a lesson in etiquette and manners before tonight. Now I suggest you get down there and behave", he then walked off. And I know what I have to do. There are no distractions or Josephine this time round. Help me!

**

"Rose", my mother pulled me up as I was eating my spoon. She the lightly lifted up her spoon and drank so incredibly quietly. That's so impractical. I just rolled my eyes at her trying to show me how it's done.

"I didn't raise you like this Rose. You know better. The proper way", she then picked up her tea cup and sipped the tea. I'm so done/over this. "Rose eat", she insisted. I then politely started to place cakes on plate. I put five on my plate and laid back and started eating them. Her eyes just beamed at me. As soon as I was down with one I then brushed the remaining crumbs off and went on to my other piece. She is not happy.

"Mmmmmm", I teased her by licking all my fingers and lips, "yummy. I'm full", she then got up and walked over to me.

"If you want to act this way and be called a whore then so be it Rose", she walked off.

"Maybe I will!", I yelled back at her. I then heard her stop, "at least I'll be regarded as a great one", I boasted. Boi would she be furious now.

"You think fucking a 3rd class steerage boy was fun?", she came very close to my face.

"Yes. The best fun I've had in years", I responded laughing at her.

"And what about your daughter huh? Why would you give her up? I must say, when you ran away and came back without her we were really surprised. We thought you would of ran off with her. But you didn't. You left her behind. Just like her father, Jack"

"ARGH!" I pushed her out of my face, "you can't speak about them like that!", I started go get emotional, "they are the most sweetest, beautifulest beings I know. And that you guys took away from me! And I'm sick and tired of our shitty lives waiting for something to happen while money keeps rolling in. And yes mother. Fucking Jack was the most fun and excitement I've had in a long time. And I'm glad I did it. Cause then I would of never had your granddaughter that I can relate to and cherish so much! So you can take strip everything away from me. But you can't take what me and Jack share and what memories we have. Because you can't! And you're defiantly not stripping his fathers right away from Josephine. Your not taking any of my family away from me. Not this time", I then turned my back and stormed up the stairs.

I don't care what she says to Cal or what she does now. They're not getting away with it. I will protect my family. Even if it costs me my life like Jack.