One: Kimo

Bang. Bang. Bang.

Bang. Bang. Bang.

Bang. Bang. Bang.

Bang. Bang. Ba-

"Hand me more bullets."

Glancing up, I watched as Mace held his hand out towards me. He didn't even bother to look over, no shock there. Reaching behind my body, I grabbed another handful of bullets and shoved them into his hand. Mace grunted as a response, was that supposed to be a thank you? When he raised his gun again, I put my ear protection back on while watching him continue to shoot into the woods.

Mace was the first person I met when I moved to Savannah last year. Since then, he's introduced me to the life of guns and crime. Well, I guess I was already in that lifestyle when we met. The whole reason I left Honolulu was to get rid of painful memories, and also the life of crime. I guess that's just the kind of people I attract. It probably wasn't a surprise that I ended up with Mace, since he was exactly like the friends I used to have. Manipulative, scary, and controlling.

It all started when I was fourteen. I ended up with the wrong group of people, people who were doing drugs, stealing and honestly being a menace. Since my parents were always working, I decided to lash out and become a rebel. It wasn't my parents' fault that they were always working; they were simply trying to make sure I had the best life possible. I just had to go and be a stupid teenager, and ruin everything.

After meeting these new friends, they showed me the side of Honolulu I never knew existed. Before long we were all dropping out of high school and stealing from the local stores. My parents tried to make me realize what I was doing was wrong, but I never listened. Instead, I continued to blow them off and live in the life of crime. That life of crime turned into a gang lifestyle, one that cost my parents their life.

My parents had found me in an alley one day, after spending the entire day looking for me. I was their only child, of course they were worried. They knew I was involved with some sketchy things, but they knew nothing about the gang. I wanted to keep it like that; I didn't want them to get hurt.

The gang leader didn't like that my parents were on their turf, and had insisted that I go home with them. I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. He followed us all the way home and had shot my parents right in front of me. It was my fault they were dead, they were just trying to protect me. The image of them falling to the ground in front of me will always haunt me.

After finally leaving my house and after running to the airport, I used the money I stole from a woman to buy a plane ticket. I may be American, but I know nothing of the United States. Dropping out of school and never paying attention when I was little was catching up to me. So, I closed my eyes and picked a random state on the map. My finger was resting above Savannah, which was apparently in Georgia. I bought the plane ticket and never went back to Hawaii.

Since I had no high school or college degree, it was hard to find any kind of job. I was about to go find a cardboard box to live in, when I stumbled across a strip club. Deciding I had no better option, I went inside and got a job. That was how I met Mace; he was the bartender and was pretty nice to me. He insisted that I come hang out with his friends, only to discover his friends were like the people in Hawaii. They weren't in a gang, but they stole and fought all the time. I thought I had left that life behind, but I guess this is all I have now.

My eyes glanced down at my hands, which were resting on the ground beside my legs. I frowned while seeing all the scars that were lined against my hands and legs. I always tried to keep my body covered, but that was pretty hard when Georgia was so hot. Mace and all his friends asked me how I got them all the time, but I always lied. I'd say a cat attacked me, or I fell into a window. No one deserved to know the truth. I didn't trust anyone enough to tell them everything about that night.

"Kimo, hello?"

Glancing up, I watched as Mace raised one of his eyebrows as he put his hand on his hip. He basically had no hair because he shaved it so short, with a pair of vibrant blue eyes. He was pretty heavy for always exercising and being on his feet, but I guess it didn't help that he was always smoking.

"What?"

"What's your problem today?"

I shrugged, wiping all emotion off my face as I stared behind him. "Just bored," I easily lied while twirling the rings around my middle finger. The one thing I ever stole from my parents was their wedding rings. They both had simple silver bands, the only things I was able to save that day. I wore them on my right middle finger all the time, so I could remember them.

When I finally looked back over at Mace, he was smirking as his cigarette hung from his mouth. "We could go inside and have a little fun."

That was another thing; Mace was always flirting with me. He tried to take me to bed literally every night, which was annoying. He was bi sexual, so it really didn't matter if I turned him down. He would usually sleep with our friend Penelope.

"Mace," I warned while rolling my eyes and taking the protection off my ears.

"I know, I know," he said while holding his hands up in surrender. "You know I just want to try. One of these days you're going to let me woo you Kimo Morani."

"Whatever," I said while glancing down at my phone to see the time. "I have to go to work."

Before he could say anything else, I turned and wandered back into the apartment. After grabbing my wallet and sunglasses, I took off down the street. I always tried to have sunglasses on whenever I wasn't around my friends, because people liked to stare. I had one blue eye and one brown, which always bothered me. Why couldn't I just be normal?

After walking into the club, I took my sunglasses off before walking into the back. I felt my cheeks blush when I put on my 'uniform', which was basically a gold sparkly thong. It made me self conscious, because I wasn't able to hide the scar on my back. My boss told me not to worry about it, until people had started to complain. I guess no one wanted a broken stripper.

I was the only one that got to wear a sparkly tank top, but of course my boss had cut the front off. Staring at myself in the mirror, I frowned while running my fingers through my black curly hair. Without facial hair on my face, I looked like a baby. Even if I wanted to grow it, it never happened. No one seemed to believe me when I said I was twenty one.

"Cat Eyes, you're on!" Someone yelled from the next room.

Taking a deep breath, I plastered a fake smile on my face before getting up on stage. That night was filled with lap dances, pole dancing and humiliation.