Fifteen: Orion/ Kimo

Orion

I had stayed up half the night worrying that I rushed Kimo into something he wasn't quite ready for, physically. He seemed to be really into what we were doing on the couch, but then again I might have taken advantage of his emotional state. Not only was he worried about his parents, but he was also confused as to why I would want him in my life. It had felt amazing in the moment but now that I was alone, I felt awful.

Once the morning finally came, I got up and made breakfast before getting Quinn ready for the day. As Quinn was eating his oatmeal, I heard a quieter set of footsteps walk towards the kitchen. When I turned around, my heart skipped a beat. Kimo was sleepily rubbing his eyes, sporting a pair of my pajamas. He said hello to Quinn, who was basically over the moon to see him. That makes two of us.

When his sleepy eyes turned towards me, I couldn't help the way my stomach flip flopped. He was so damn handsome; it made me feel even worse about last night. I watched as he walked towards me as Charlotte was suddenly calling for Quinn to come and get dressed. My eyes wandered towards Kimo, instantly noticing the hickey on his Adam's apple. Damn.

"Good morning," I said while handing him a cup of coffee. It took every ounce of strength in me to not wrap my arms around him and pull him towards me. "Did you sleep okay?"

He held the large cup in his hands, a small smile on his face as he looked up at me. "I did, thank you."

Before I lost my confidence I took a shaky breath before saying, "Kimo, about last night." That seemed to peak his interest, as well as make a blush form onto his cheeks. "I'm sorry. I feel like I rushed you into something physical that you might not have been ready for. I took advantage of your feelings about your parents and I'm sorry. It was not my intention to have things go that far. I just got so... fixated with you. I really hope things are still good between us."

He looked up at me with a sad expression before staring down at his feet. "So you're saying it was a mistake?" He whispered while setting the coffee cup down. It sounded as if his voice broke, making me feel even worse.

Gently putting my hands onto his cheeks, I slowly lifted his head until I was looking into those sad eyes. "Nothing we ever do together is a mistake, okay? I just don't want you to think that I'm only interested in your body. And I'm sorry if I rushed you into it."

He still looked sad, making me lean down and ever so gently kiss his cheek. "O! I need help with Quinn." Charlotte's voice was suddenly ringing throughout the house, making me give Kimo one final sad glance before walking out of the room. Hopefully I didn't just make things worse.

Kimo

I really don't understand what just happened. I thought what had happened yesterday was really intimate and nice. Apparently Orion had just regretted the whole thing. Perfect. I watched as he got his son ready for the day with Charlotte, before they all soon left. Just as I was about to crawl back into bed, I heard a knock on the front door before it opened.

"Kimo!"

I watched as Eloise walked into the room, her eyes instantly narrowing on my neck. "What?" I instantly asked while putting a hand over my skin.

"Did someone get lucky last night?" She asked while wiggling her eyebrows.

When she saw my obvious confusion, she grabbed a small mirror out of her purse before holding it out towards me. I gasped when I saw the hickey, I hadn't even noticed it. "Oh my god."