Eight: Kimo

Contacts? Was he being serious? I angrily threw the two boxes onto the ground, along with the clothes. I didn't need his stupid charity. I don't need anything. Just as I was about to shove everything under the couch, I watched as Charlotte suddenly walked into the room. She gave me a friendly smile before sitting on the opposite end of the couch. What is she doing?

"Do you mind if I hang out in here?" Shrugging, I watched her smile before putting her hair up into a ponytail. I caught a quick glance of her ring, making me curious.

"How long have you been married?" I asked while nodding towards the ring.

She held the ring out before saying, "We're actually not married yet. We're getting married in a few months."

Raising my eyebrows, I kept looking at the ring while asking, "Why wait so long?" You'd think if Orion knocked someone up he'd marry her.

Charlotte shrugged before saying, "We're taking our time."

"Geez how long will it take, another kid?" I didn't realize I said that out loud until she looked at me with a strange expression.

"Kimo, do you know I'm not marrying Orion?"

She has to be messing with me. "What? Then who are you marrying? I don't see another guy wandering around this house."

"That's because she's a lesbian." Looking up, I saw Emilia walk into the room while looking between us.

"Wait, what?" I asked while looking back towards Charlotte. "But you have a kid with Orion."

She nodded as Emilia sat down onto the couch. "I know this probably makes no sense. It's true, I'm gay and Orion is also gay. We had a drunken night and somehow ended up sleeping together. He's been my best friend since college."

"Huh," I said. Emilia was freaking me out since she kept staring at me. Getting up off the couch, I grabbed the multiple bags before walking out of the room.

I didn't realize I was in Orion's room until I put the bags down onto the bed. Quickly glancing around the room, I noticed he wasn't in here so I guess it wasn't a big deal. My eyes wandered back down to the bag before gently touching some of the new clothes. They were so soft, almost like Orion's shirt that I always wore. I couldn't help but frown when I looked at the contacts. If only I wasn't such a freak and just had normal eyes.

Taking one of the boxes, I wandered into the bathroom and took a deep breath. Since I've never worn contacts before, to say it was a struggle getting in was an understatement. My eye kept burning and watering. Just as I was about to give up, I realized the contact was actually in.

Looking at myself, I frowned while seeing two brown eyes staring back at me. Putting my fingers into my hair, I closed my eyes while shaking my head. I was then throwing the box across the room, sinking down onto the floor as a defeated cry escaped from my lips. Is this really what my life is going to be like now? Always having to put contacts in just to go outside, always looking over my shoulder?

I'll never be able to freely walk outside, or have a normal job. I'll never be able to call my parents when I want to talk, or need a hug. I'll never be able to have someone to hold at night, someone to love. Who would love someone as broken as me though.

Getting off the ground, I slowly walked into Orion's room and stopped in front of a picture frame. He was smiling brightly with Quinn and Charlotte, the perfect little family. He'll never be mine. I won't be able to kiss him, run my fingers through his hair or laugh with him. He probably doesn't even want to be with someone like me, but it doesn't matter. I was going to turn myself in anyway.

Before I realized what I was doing, I felt a sharp ping in my hands. The picture frame was smashed, I had done that. I couldn't even hold a frame without destroying it. I really am a monster. That's all I am. What have I done with my life so far? Robbed a bank, got my parents murdered, been told to change the way I feel about everything.

"You're not thinking straight Kimo, you'll snap out of it."

"You're still young; you don't know what you're saying."

"YOU'RE DIFFERENT AND THAT WON'T STAND."

Feeling tears in my eyes, I sank to the floor while holding onto the glass tighter. My mind went back to that night, the night everything happened. I had blocked it from my mind for so long, but I still remember everything. Every look, every blow. Everything.

"Do you want to explain to us why you were in an alley?" Her icy stare went right through me, she didn't scare me.

"I do what I want, and also who I want."

This time his eyes were looking at me. "And what does that mean?"

"It means I'm gay."

There was a pause, one that lasted too long. "You're still young; you don't know what you're saying." She was nodding to herself, like everything was going to be okay.

"I know that I'm attracted to men! I know that when I look at an attractive guy, I get butterflies and everything seems okay! You can't take that away from me."

"You're still young; you don't know what you're saying." He was getting mad, very quickly.

I started to defend myself, but he grabbed me. Hard. He left finger marks on my arm. Shoved me down into a chair, stuck my face into a bible. Basically shoved the pages up my mouth. "YOU'RE DIFFERENT AND THAT WON'T STAND."

She then came over and turned my body towards her. Maybe she was accepting of it, maybe she would be different. And then she hit me. Guess she wasn't different. Her eyes were then in my line of sight, angry tears rolling down her cheeks. "We gave you everything, and this is how you repay us?"

I watched as she suddenly grabbed a knife. It wasn't until then that I got scared. "Whenever you think about a guy in that way, I want you to remember how disgusting that is. DO YOU HEAR ME?"

Everyone has always asked where they came from, the scars. No one knows the real reason, the reason I'm classified as broken.

They burned it into me, the fact that I needed to hurt myself. They told me how awful I was, my bad boy behavior long gone. Begging them to stop, crying for my parents.

"Please stop."

"Not until you realize."

BANG.

BANG.

BANG.

BANG.

That was it, they were gone. Their dead stares still looking up at me, still looking upset. A mixture of my blood and their own on their clothes. My eyes glanced up to see a gun slowly being lowered, making me run.

Crying harder, I held onto the glass tighter until it hurt so bad I screamed. I screamed for everything, the pain, the humiliation, the loss. Everything seemed to happen in a blur after that. A pair of arms were instantly holding me, a voice telling me everything was going to be okay. If only that was true.