Fourteen: Orion

A/N: End of this chapter is spicy.

Wow, just wow. That was the only word that was coming to mind while thinking about the fact that Hannah was Kimo's mother. Everything seemed to make sense now, like the way Hannah would always look at Kimo. What a shock that must have been for her to expect a random client and to see her son after all these years.

Kimo was still sitting in my arms, his head buried in my chest. Luckily he had stopped crying, but he was still gripping onto my shirt tightly. I wasn't sure what to say because I felt like nothing I could say could make this situation better. He seemed to enjoy having someone sit with him. If that will make him feel better, then sitting out here is what I'll do.

Slowly running my hand up and down his arm, I gently rested my head onto his. He moved his head slightly, his eyelashes tickling my neck. "Do you think they're mad at me?" He suddenly whispered.

"Why would they ever be mad at you?"

"I just left without talking to them."

I shook my head while pulling his body closer to mine. "They're not going to be mad at you Kimo. I'm sure that they understand you're going to need some time to process all of this."

He was quiet for a few minutes until he pulled back so I could finally see those eyes. "Do you think I need to go back and talk to them?"

Gently placing my hand onto his tear stained cheeks, I gave him a small smile while moving curls out of his eyes. "Only if you want to, I don't want you to do anything you're not comfortable with. Would you like me to go and talk to them?"

He sadly looked down at his hands while asking, "You'd do that for me?"

Putting one finger under his chin, I carefully lifted it up so I could look into those sad eyes. "Of course. I'll be right back."

Before I could get up, he put his hands onto the front of my shirt and pulled me towards him. His soft lips landed against mine before he pulled back and shyly looked at the ground. Smiling down at him, I kissed him once more before getting up and walking into the house.

Hannah was nervously pacing around the room while Ben was anxiously tapping his foot against the floor. When they heard me they instantly looked over at me with worried expressions. "Orion," Hannah said while walking over to me. "Is... is Kimo okay?"

"He's going to be okay. He's just a little confused right now, I'm sure you understand that."

She nodded as Ben walked over and stood next to his wife. "Of course. Do you think he hates us?"

I shook my head while putting my hands into my pockets. "No, I don't believe Kimo hates anyone, even his adoptive parents and all the horrible things they did to him. It might take some time for him to want to talk to you. He just needs some space right now. You know, he was actually afraid you guys would hate him."

"Why on earth would we hate him?" Ben asked.

"He was afraid since he left the room you guys would hate him."

Hannah sadly smiled as her eyes were filling with tears. "I could never hate him."

I smiled at both of them while saying, "I know. I know you guys care about him so much and I believe he cares about you too. Just give him some time."

Hannah smiled again before walking forward and giving me a hug. "Please take care of him."

"I will."