Chapter 1: Empousai? Nah.

They've been chasing me for days. Finally, there are only a few left. I'm still on they run. I never know when they'll show up. The metal, animal, and magic women with fire for hair. Vampires. Empousai. It's close to midnight, I'm running through the winding streets of San Francisco, trying to outrun them, but then I hear it.

Clop. Squeak. Clop. Squeak.

The mismatched legs of the empousai sound terrifying, but I'm not afraid. I keep running. I turn around the corner and find myself in a dead end alley way. I turn around and ready my sword as three empousai round the corner.

"Come one sweetie. Don't you want just one little kiss?" The one in the middle asks.

"With an empousa? Nah. I'll pass."

I rush towards them and before they can register that I've resisted them, I've killed the middle one. The others hiss at me and lunge. I sweep at the first one, cutting its arm, its essence getting absorbed in the sword. Two down, one to go. This one is more carful, seeing as their two sisters just got killed so easily. It studies me, looking for an opening. It must think they've found one, but as soon as it gets within sword distance I slice off its head, turning it to dust. I only have the energy for one jump. I shadow travel to camp, into my cabin, and collapse.

Ω

I stare out the window of the Hogwarts express, watching the landscape roll by and thinking of the monsters I'd killed over the summer. I glance at my reflection only to see the now familiar eyeliner lined, onyx black eyes staring back at me. My neck rimmed by the choker, and my head resting on a hand gloved by a fingerless glove. I turn around as the door slides open to who else than the Hermoine granger.

I give her one of my famous sad smiles and we exchange hellos. I go back to staring out the window before Hermoine interrupts my thoughts.

"So Nico, what did you do this summer?"

"Oh, you know. The usual. Doing jobs for my father and hanging out at my camp."

"Jobs? Really? Well, I didn't know you were so productive. You're so young to be working. Who all has jobs in America?"

I chuckle darkly. "People who don't want to be lazy and people who don't want to die."

This gets a shocked silence from the her while she tries to figure out which one I am.

"So, what did you do?" I ask her. She goes on to tell me about her summer. Spending time with her parents and visiting family. We spend the rest of the train ride talking and eating sweets (I still don't eat much). I realize I have no idea where Ron and Harry are, but I don't question it. I'm excited to get to the station because we won't be riding boats again. So, hopefully no gods hate me again. Psh, unlikely.

So my little matchsticks, how was the first chapter? Yay or nay? What do you think of stylish Nicola? How do you think Nico will react to the 'horses' pulling the carriages. Till next time!

Love,
Sammy

You know I just remembered that Harry and Ron weren't there

Much later note, this is a sequel to my first book, hogwarts gains +1 ghost king. You can check that out if you don't want to miss anything!