Chapter 12: Petrifyingly Uncaring

Nico was still waiting for Harry and Ron to come apologize. The heir of Slytherin was still unknown, but no more attacks had happened since Justin. That morning at breakfast, there were accusing glares and suspicious glances sent his way. People were whispering.

"Bet it's him..."

"Poor Hermione..."

"In the Infirmary..."

"Where's the butter..."

Hermione? Infirmary? I should check this out. I get up from my place at the table, having eaten nothing, and walk to the infirmary.

There, I see a petrified Hermione, surrounded by Ron and Harry. They look up when they hear the door open, and seem slightly afraid. I put on my emotionless mask and glide up to the bed. Harry and Ron follow my every move. I look down at Hermione's still face for a moment before speaking.

"When did this happen?" I question them.

"As if you don't know, you-" Ron gets cut of by Harry's hand clamping over his mouth.

I smirk, though it was betraying how I felt about the only tolerable member of the trio being petrified. I lean towards Ron, propping my chin on my hand, and my elbow on one of the bed railings.

"No, Ronald Weasley. I'm afraid that I do not know. If I did, I wouldn't be asking." I keep smirking, though my eyes were shooting daggers at him. He starts shaking.

"It happened last night. She and Penelope Clearwater were heading back from the library." Harry tells me quietly, obviously frightened, though he still manages a small glare. I can't blame them. Their best friend got petrified and the most likely suspect was right next to them.

I nod to him. "Thank you Harry."

With that, I straighten up, and walk out of the room.

Next chapter! Yay! Hope you enjoyed, sorry for Hermione, but I couldn't not have it happen. Peace out!

Love,
Sammy