Chapter 11: Hermione

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PERCY JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, sorry for the long wait, I had horrible writers block, but I hope this is alright.

Nico POV

How dare they. Trying to make up for it like first graders. Still though... they did try to apologize. I shake my head. Maybe I was a bit harsh. I mean, I'm always the suspicious one.

Enough of this. I need to focus on my quest, not the betrayal of my so called friends. I walk quick paced to the library and slam a note down on the librarians desk for permission to go in the restricted section. I got it from that idiot Lockhart, who thought he was signing an autograph for a fan. I sift through the books and take out all the ones I can find on horcruxes. I get to a table in the back of the library and start to read.

A Horcrux is an object in which a Dark wizard or witch has hidden a fragment of his or her soul for the purpose of attaining immortality. Horcruxes can only be created after com-

"Nico!" I hear a voice say behind me. An all too familiar voice.

"What do you want Hermione?" I snarl.

She shakily sits down next to me. "Just- just wondering what you're reading about."

"Thats none of your business, leave me alone." I close the book and glare at her.

She looks like she's about to cry. She tentatively touches my hand, the warmth of her hand feels weird on my cold one. "Nico... I'm sorry about what we did. It was wrong, and I really hope you can forgive us."

I draw my hand away from hers, my glare softening only a little. "I forgive you." I tell her. "Mostly. I don't think we can be friends anymore, but perhaps not enemies. Tell Harry and Ron that when they're ready, I am willing to forgive them as well. Less than you, but still. You're the most rational, yet you made friends with idiots. I hope one day I can forgive you fully, but that day is not now. Goodbye." With that, I spin on my heal, walking away with the book tucked under my arm, leaving Hermione alone.