Chapter 8: Christmas time oh Chri... uh guys...

Nico POV

I shiver. The days had been getting colder, but that's not why. McGonagal had told us what the chamber of secrets was. I hated how people hated groups of people. I know it happened all the time in history... but it felt too personal. I didn't fit in with the demigods because I was a son of Hades. The goth kid. The freak. For the muggle borns to be oppressed like that, it wasn't right.

I recall the events of the past few months. The duel club, where Harry spoke with the snake. The constant claims of Harry being the heir of Slytherin. Harry breaking his arm. Justin being attacked. Finally though, it was Christmas holidays. I planned on doing what I did last year, one week at camp and one week here.

After I'm packed up, a huge mob of people take horse drawn sleighs to the train station. None of the trio are going home for Christmas this year. They have grown more distant around me. Did I do something wrong? I hope not. They're my only friends at hogwarts. I stare out the frosty window as the snow falls outside, heading back to London.

Ж

I'm walking through the busy streets of New York, shopping for Christmas gifts. For Harry I pick out a scarf with lions on it, for Ron I got new sheet music (he was liking the guitar), and for Hermoine I got several new books. I also got sweets for all of them. I shadow traveled back to camp half blood, sent off Cerberus, and went outside.

No one noticed me. As usual.

I sighed. It's so boring here. I think I'll go back early. At least at hogwarts there's something to do. Yeah. I think I'll go back. I quickly write a note in case anyone bothers looking for me.

For anyone who cares,

I was bored so I went back to my quest early.

-Nico di Angelo

I grab my bag and shadow travel to my dorm. I place the bag next to my bed and walk out. Crabbe and Goyle are sitting on the couch, talking to Malfoy. I give them a glare. They look surprised and worried upon seeing me. I don't care, I hate them. I leave the common room and start wandering around the halls. Even though it's past curfew, no one notices me, I'm one with the shadows.

Still nothing to do. I head back to my dorm, Harry and Ron passing me as I do. I raise an eyebrow at them, but don't say anything. They're always up to something. Maybe I'll follow them. That'll give me something to do.

Harry POV

Ron and I rush out of the Slytherin common room, passing Nico as we run down the halls. Luckily he doesn't question what we're doing. What's he doing. He is supposed to be gone for the rest of the week.

We reach the washroom just as we fully change back into ourselves. Hermoine still isn't out of the stall.

"Hermoine, come out, we've got loads to tell you!" I say, hearing rustles in the stall.

"Go away!" She yells back, she sounds upset. I hear her muttering, "I don't understand, he's a human..."

"Hermoine?"

The door opens, revealing... Nico.

But not Nico. It looks like a female Nico, pale skin, same eyes, long black hair, with Hermoine's height.

"Bloody hell, what happened?" Ron asks amused.

"Human transformations only. But I don't understand, Nico is a human..." Hermoine trails off.

"What's going on here?" I hear someone growl. We turn around to see a furious Nico di Angelo.