Chapter 14: Dead Girls and Idiots

Nico POV

I was walking through the halls after dinner one night, when an announcement, however that works here, came through the halls.

"All students are to return to their house dormitories at once. All teachers to the second floor corridor immediately." McGonagall's voice was loud and clear.

I shrug. Why not check it out? Not like I had anything better to do. The horcrux search wasn't going so well, even though I had been able to sense a fragment moving around the school, I wasn't sure how.

I reach the second floor corridor, and sure enough, Harry and Ron are there. I melt into the shadows by the wall, so they can't see me, and listen to the conversation being had by the teachers.

"As you can see, the heir of Slytherin has left another message." McGonagall states worriedly. They chatter on for a minute about having to close hogwarts, which I don't particularly care about besides the fact that I'm not done my quest. Then Lockhart appears, late as always.

They fill him in on how a girl had been taken into the chamber by the beast, and then pretty much tease him for a while. Eventually it is concluded that he will deal with the monster, due to his claims of knowing where the chamber entrance is, and his 'legendary' skill'. He leave, much paper than before, to his office to 'prepare'.

"Who is it the monster's taken Minerva?" Madam Pomfrey asks worriedly, brow creasing.

McGonagall takes a shaken breath. "Ginny Weasley."

I can see Harry and Ron's eyes widen at this information. I had never met the youngest Weasley, so I was indifferent. I don't believe she likes me much though, because of how her brother acts towards me.

The teachers leave and Ron starts freaking out. I step out of the shadows, making my self visible.

"That was fun to watch." I state. They jump at my voice. Ron lunges forward, pinning me against the wall and pretty much growling. It was cute to see him try and be scary. To be honest, I barely blinked at the impact with the wall.

"What did you do with my sister!?" He yells at me, venom in his words.

I smirk. "I did nothing. I believe the heir may have done something though." He tightens his hold on my shirt when I say this. Obviously he still thinks I'm the heir.

"You liar!" He screams. It's getting annoying, hurting my ears.

"Ron! Calm down. Let's hear what he has to say." Harry pleads frantically.

Ron let's go and I brush off my robes.

"Although I don't know your sister, I am willing to help you get her back. It is... difficult, to say the least, that you get to keep you sister. But... I believe this will aid me nonetheless. Let's go." I turn and start walking away.

"Where are you going?" Harry yells to me, more curious than mad.

"Lockharts office. He's supposed to deal with the monster, so we have to go get him before he runs away like the coward that he is." I almost hiss the last part. I hate that man so much.

We arrive at Lockhart's office a few minutes later. As I expected, when we enter the room, he's stuffing trunks full with his stuff.

"Just what do you think you're doing?" I growl at him.

He turns around. "Oh, uh. Medical emergency. Unavoidable."

I back out of the conversation here and let the other two handle it. However, when Lockhart pulls his wand on them, with their wands pointing back at him, I decide to add a little something. I move in front of his wand, so any spells will hit me, but so that Harry and Ron can still aim at him, though I don't trust Ron's wand.

"I don't believe that erasing their memories will do any good for you. If you do, well..." I lean towards him, making him back up. I flash him a smile, then whisper so that only he can hear. "I can kill you easily."

I lean back and step away. I gesture for them to follow me. I lead Harry, Ron, and the now terrified Lockhart through the halls, sensing for Ginny's soul. It leads me to the sink in the girl's washroom. They were all confused.

"Say something." I tell Harry, having heard about his parseltongue.

He seems hesitant before making some whispery, hissing noises. A deep cracking noise echos in the sinks, before they split apart, revealing a dark tunnel going downwards.

"How... how did you know this was here?" Ron questions in an accusing tone.

"That is confidential. Now, what are we waiting for?" I grab Lockhart, shoving him down the hole before jumping in myself. Plunging into the darkness of what is bound to be an interesting adventure.

Guys! Matchsticks! Friends! I have brought another chapter, but that's not what I'm excited about! I... drum roll please...

HAVE REACHED 20K VEIWS ON MY FIRST BOOK!!

Thank you all so much! I love you all. I haven't stopped smiling or crying since I saw this earlier today, and just... thank you! I can't believe this has happened. I don't know why this has happened, but I'm so happy nonetheless.

Love you guys!

Love,
SammyValdezTheBoss❤️🔥