Chapter 2: Demon horses make me look crazy

As Hermoine and I walk through the bustling crowds to the carriages, I ask what pulls carriages in the magical world.

"Well," she starts, "I read in 'Hogwarts, a History' that the carriages are horseless, so I guess we'll see."

And see we did. I gasped at the same time Hermoine proclaimed that the book had been correct.

"What's wrong Nico?" She asks me, seeing my expression.

"W- what are they?" I stutter as I walk up to the demon horses. I thought about what Percy would think of them. He'd probably call them Nico horses. But I've never seen them before. I looked around to see if anyone else could see them because it appeared as though Hermoine couldn't, judging by her confused look. Almost everyone ignored them, except for a few other students, who were giving them nervous glances, and giving me sad looks, sympathy? Weird.

"Uh, nothing." I tell her. "Just thought I saw something."

She nods like she understands.

Hermoine POV

Nico is acting weird.

First, he still has a sad smile, but he always had that. Second, he said he saw something at the carriages. He didn't even ask about where Ron and Harry are. I think something's up but I don't want to offend him. Oh my gosh this is so complicated.

Nico POV

We're sitting in the great hall watching the sorting when I realize that Harry and Ron still aren't here. I thought they were just in another compartment, but they're still not here.

I whisper to Hermoine, "Where's Harry and Ron?"

She looks relieved, I wonder why. Nobody looks relived when the ghost king talks to them. Weird.

Anyway, she said, "They didn't make it through the barrier. Hopefully Mr. and Mrs. Weasley will be able to find something to do."

I shrug. I haven't met the Weasley parents. From what I heard they were good people, but that doesn't mean they can get students to school late. Maybe they'll just write to Dumbledore.

I leave and he'd towards the Slytherin table while she heads to the Gryffindor table. After the sorting ceremony, food appears on the table an d I just grab two grapes. One for me, and one for the gods. I slip my bowl under the table and summon a small bit of hellfire to burn the grape. I put up with the usual dinner routine, listening to malfoy's idiotic rambling and looking around the great hall.

Suddenly, I feel a hand go into my pocket and snatch my bowl. I turn around and grab the person by the collar quick as a flash.

Malfoy.

I growl. "Give it back. Now."

He looks frightened and shakily hands my bowl back. But we've attracted the attention of professor flitwick who asks us what happened.

"It's all his fault professor!" Malfoy hurriedly tells him.

"Professor Flitwick," I start calmly, "Draco here stole my bowl, which is very important by the way, and I had to get it back."

He just sighs and assigns us both detention. Malfoy for stealing, and me for "attacking" a student. Honestly.

I head back to the dormitory, and collapse onto my bed, asleep.

Hey my little matchsticks! Sorry for taking so long. The chapter deleted and I had to write it again.😬

Thanks,
Sammy