Chapter 15: The Chamber and Finally a Dang Horcrux

Photo found by Dancing_inthe_Storm

Ron POV

I watch Nico shove Lockhart into the hole. I was shocked. Did he just kill him? Not too surprising though, since he petrified the others and kidnaped my sister.

And then he jumps into the hole himself. Harry and I exchange looks. He shrugs and jumps in. I stare at the hole for a moment before jumping in.

For Ginny.

Nico POV

I swerve to avoid landing on Lockhart as I fall out of the tunnel. I land in a roll and stand up, brushing off my robes. I hear yelling as Harry and Ron fall out. They land on Lockhart, who had only just begun to try standing. Oh well. He broke their fall.

They stand up, looking around.

"Really quite filthy down here." Lockhart says, eyeing the place with disgust. I roll my eyes at him.

Harry eyes the tunnel leading to another room. "Now remember. Any sign of movement, close your eyes straight away." He start to walk through the tunnel.

Lockhart follows him, then me, with Ron taking up the back, probably thinking I'll stab him while he's not looking or something. We enter another tunnel that leads into a room with a giant, scaley shell.

"What's this?" Ron asks, sounding intrigued.

I roll my eyes. "It's a snake skin."

"How do you know, hm?" He snaps.

"Because I'm not stupid. Remember that I'm the one who gave you the paper that Hermione had?"

"Oh yeah..."

"Guys stop arguing. This thing is gonna be huge. At least sixty feet." Harry scolds us as I scoff and cross my arms.

Just then, Lockhart, who had been standing next to Ron, fainted.

"Heart of a lion, this one." Ron indicates his head towards him.

Before I can say anything, Lockhart reaches up, snatches Ron's wand, and quickly stands. He points the wand between the three of us. My eyes widen and I feel fear crawl up my spine when I realize I can't move in front of any spells aimed at the two.

"The adventure ends here, boys." He says in a cruel voice. "But don't fret. The world will know our story. How it was too late to save the little girl." My breath hitches and I freeze. "How you three tragically lost your minds at the sight of her mangled body." I try to hold it together. To not break down. "So..." He aims the wand at Harry. "You first mister Potter. Say goodbye to your memories. OBLIVIATE!"

A flash of green fires Lockhart backwards, slamming him into the wall and knocking him out. The room rumbles, debris falling from the ceiling. I can't move. I almost wish that he had erased my memories. Rocks rain down from the ceiling, forming a huge pile right next to me. I see the others dive out of the way.

"Move you bloody idiot!" I hear Ron yell.

"I can't." My voice breaks. A small chunk of stone hits me in the head, causing me to fall over and my vision to blur. When the rumbling stops, my vision has mostly cleared, and I have some smaller stones scattered on and around me.

"Why didn't you move?!" Ron crawls up next to me. He probably thinks I'm an idiot. Not that he didn't already. I take a shaky breath.

"It... it doesn't matter." I stand up, brushing off my robes and hair. "C'mon. We've gotta make sure Harry is alright."