2; Catching The Bad Boy

"I don't think that's a good idea," I mutter under my breath. Emily only giggles and looks toward Kaylin who's also just as amused as Emily is.

Kaylin grabs my arm in her hand and tugs me down the never-ending hallway. "Don't worry. Emily said Hunter wouldn't be back until tonight," she whispers in my ear.

I only raise my eyebrow in a questioning manner, wondering how my best friends convinced me to do this.

"And we'll be here with you, don't worry." Emily turns the knob and pushes the wooden door open. I don't go in and stare at the magnificent bedroom instead. Never in my life have I seen Hunter's bedroom. Emily and Kaylin are already inside the bedroom before I can even take one step, rummaging through his things, trying to find anything worth seeking.

Looking at his bedroom now, I can safely say either Hunter is not particularly decorative or just plain lazy. There isn't much in his room. The lack of pieces of furniture in the room gives the illusion that the bedroom is much bigger than it is. The first thing I notice is a king size bed adjusted at the centre of the wall parallel to the door. Windows line the far left wall, a plain white studying table stands beside a white bookshelf filled with an array of books ranging from Wuthering Heights to The Great Gatsby. I trail my fingers along the spines of the books, smiling.

My eyes scan the papers scattered messily across his studying desk. I glance at Emily and Kaylin, only to find them messing around on Hunter's bed. I turn back towards the desk, picking up a paper just hanging off the edge of the table. There's nothing on it but pencil smudges, but when I turn it over my jaw falls open. It's beautiful. The drawing of the little girl holding a puppy is so eerily realistic that I think it's a black and white photo at first. As I look closer, I can see the texture of the pencil against the paper and Hunter's signature embedded at the corner.

"What's that?" Emily asks from the bed.

"It's his drawing. Emily, he's amazing." I study it with awe. It's hard not to admire it straight away. The little girl sits laughing on the plush grass, wind blowing in her dark hair and a small fluffy Maltipoo just in front of her, standing on its hind legs and jumping up toward her face with his tongue out of his mouth.

"I think she meant that." I turn at the source of Kaylin's voice, looking toward where she's pointing. I set the paper back down, striding across the humongous room and taking a closer look at what's lying beside the small silver rubbish bin beside his desk.

"Emily.." I trail, my face turning the colour of beetroot. "You said he's never done it, right?" There's silence in the room. None of us dares to speak. The tension is thick, and it feels as though everyone is frozen for so long, not able to move or speak.

Kaylin's quiet voice is what cuts through the silence first. "Is it a used condom?" Her voice is so soft I almost miss it, but I nod my head slowly, still not able to peel my eyes off the thing on the floor. He probably aimed for the bin but ended up missing it.

"Guys, does Serena Palmer have a white Toyota Camry?" Em pronounces every word extremely slowly. I have no idea but Kaylin apparently does and nods her head. Emily is finally piecing the puzzles together. My lips morph into a frown as I look at Emily. She's staring right at me with an uncertain look on her face. "Where was I last night?"

Kaylin furrows her eyebrows, swinging her legs over the edge of the bed, so she's now sitting instead of lying down. "But he wouldn't do it with your parents at home would he?" The thick tension is now gone, and everyone is just looking at each other, trying to understand why there's a used condom in his bedroom.

"Oh, my gosh, you guys! My parents and I weren't home last night. We were visiting my grandparents in Pristine Bay. They're flying to Italy tonight. I saw her car pass when we came back home."