21; The Bad Boy's Secrets

lmao wtf is this chapter I wrote it at 2 am just bear with me but vote and comment cause tbh it motivates me to update faster

-

I hurriedly grab my jacket off the hook and shrug it on before pulling on a random pair of slippers. I pull my hair back, inhaling a quick breath, and then opening the door. The cold air kisses the skin on my face and I shiver. I walk out onto the porch, making sure my steps are silent.

Then I spot him in the driveway, looking at the night sky with a lit cigarette dangling from his lips. I leave the door unlocked and make my way across the porch. He doesn't look at me as I descend the porch stairs.

He exhales the smoke and holds the cigarette between his middle finger and thumb before tapping it with his index finger to get rid of the ash. I don't know why, but for some reason, the smell of smoke now comforts me, especially when it's Hunter the one that's smoking. This is bad. Very bad.

For the first time tonight, he finally looks at me. "Come here," he coaxes. I comply, stepping closer towards him cautiously. He smirks, bringing the cigarette to his lips once more, inhaling. He then takes my chin between his fingers.

The tip of the cigarette filter grazes my skin and I shiver. The smoke clouds my vision, but before I know it, Hunter has his lips pressed to mine. He tastes like alcohol and cigarette, and for some people, that may not seem pleasant, but I find myself somehow liking it. I press myself against him, relishing the way his body moulds into mine. The grip on my chin automatically tightens as I connect my hips to his. He touches his tongue against my bottom lip to part them. When I do, he exhales the smoke into my mouth and pulls away.

I scrunch my nose, coughing out the smoke. It tastes extremely bitter. The aftertaste is even worst. I cover my mouth with my hand, suddenly feeling dizzy. He only smirks, continuing to smoke without a care. If my parents find out about what he just did, they would ground me forever.

"Never do that again," I wheeze between breaths, throat still burning. My eyes water as I struggle to breathe.

"Deep breaths, Leah." His tone is light and teasing, but I can hardly find it amusing when I'm still coughing my heart out.

I do as he says and thankfully find myself able to calm down and breathe properly again. The bitter taste of the smoke still lingers on my tongue and the roof of my mouth. Fortunately, it gets more pleasant the longer you let it stay there.

I admire him silently as he continues to smoke, purposely blowing the smoke away from me so I don't have another coughing fit that will probably wake up my whole neighbourhood.

"What are you doing here, Hunter?"

It's a simple question. After days of ignoring me, he has the decency to even show up at my house and kiss me?

I feel my temper start to rise. Just as I am ready to accept the thought that maybe we can't be something more, he manages to come and sweep me off my feet once more. It's wrong. If you're going to tell me to stay away, you have to make an effort to stay away too. It's only fair.

"To see you. It's your big day."

I cross my arms, glaring at him. I want to grab the cigarette dangling from his lips and press it against his skin. Maybe that'll remind him to stay away.