17; The Bad Boy's Promise

W A R N I N G very itty bitty smutty like very very itty bitty don't read if you can't handle a little itty bitty of heat

-

I lean against the tree as I wait for Matthew. He went straight to the bathroom after I pointed out his very noticeable boner. The toilet near the food festival was too crowded so he walked across the road from the festival to find a public bathroom in a pub. I don't blame the poor guy. I bet Vanessa would be a sight to anyone living in Davenport. I try to hide behind the huge tree, away from eyes of onlookers. I don't want to have to face Hunter or Vanessa again and then be forced to watch them shove their tongue down each other's throat.

I turn my phone on, trying to pass time by scrolling down my Instagram feed. I am halfway to tapping on a photo when someone sneaks up behind me. I draw in a surprised breath but sigh when I see that it's Hunter.

"Why are you here alone?" He asks, looking around to see if Matthew's anywhere to be seen. I can barely see him in the darkness, and I am glad because that means he can't see me or the blush on my cheeks when I remember sharing a bed with him.

"Matt's in the toilet."

He hums. Even in the darkness, I can see his sly smirk. "So is Vanessa. I wonder why she went into the same toilet."

I look at the pub and turn back to Hunter to see that he's already looking at me. He needs to stop looking at me like that. He makes me feel like a sheep trapped in a lion's cage.

"You're lying. You wouldn't let her do that."

"I am telling the truth. It would be wrong to deny her of pleasure. Why do you think Matthew even went to the toilet? He was sporting a massive hard-on as soon as he laid eyes on Vanessa."

I am not too bothered by that because I can never see Matthew as more than friends anyway. No matter how cute he is, he's just not quite my type.

"Alright. I'm gonna get some water." I start to walk away, happy to be away from Hunter's suffocating presence. He reminds me of those dementors from Harry Potter, but instead of sucking on people's happiness, he sucks the air out of my body. My blood boils at the thought of letting him have so much control over me.

As I try to step away from the shadow and into the light he grabs my wrist, pulling me back to him. I crash into him, but he pushes me so my back collides with the tree. I suck in a sharp breath when he pushes himself against me, pushing my legs apart with his right knee.

"Hunter," I warn, simultaneously inhaling his woodsy scent.

His hands rest on my waist, and I instinctively put both of my hand on his shoulders. I can feel the outline of the gauze on the cut on his back through his jacket. I inch my left hand so it's resting on his neck instead. "Just a little kiss." His words hang in the air, enticing me to kiss him.

I close my eyes, digging my head back into the tree, feeling the bark dig into my scalp. I keep myself grounded by listening to the chatters of the people at the festival. I feel my breath start to get shallow as he closes the gap between our bodies. His minty breath fans across my face. "Vanessa or Matthew might catch us," I breathily say.

"I don't care. I am taking you home."

I open my eyes. "No. I am not third wheeling again."

He pecks my lips softly, and the touch is like a feather. I whimper, feeling my knees start to give out under me. "Matthew can take her home. You're leaving with me."